Re: Your favourite fishing snap!

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:16 pm

the stacks :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 am

thats actually a fantastic pic rodger, im impressed, give up the painting

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:17 am

have a print of it hanging in the kitchen ,its 4 pictures joined together on the pc ,one thing about fishing is it gets you out alot i always bring my smelly fishing camera :roll: only 2 megapixels but it does take some nice pics

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Very Nice Roger.... How does the print view? Looks like it stitched together very well. Did you use a Tripod?

Well Done Man.

Kev

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 pm

all down to mr cannon :wink: my camera has a function that allows me to see the edge of the last shot and line up the next one then i use photostitch to put them together and crop them (very easy a child could do it :shock: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Fair play, good skills roger

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:46 pm

very impressive roger .

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Taken on my fishing camera (€60 Tesco job), Some yoke, still going after 3 years of beach work!

Rodger,
Your Picture is the dogs dangley bits !
A1 Sharon :D

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:12 pm

here's one I took of my mate neil having a chuck at garryvoe at christmas ,the previous wave near took the legs from under him :lol:

Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:21 am

ill buy it of u roger!

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 pm

roger de dodger wrote:all down to mr cannon :wink: my camera has a function that allows me to see the edge of the last shot and line up the next one then i use photostitch to put them together and crop them (very easy a child could do it :shock: )

I've heard of photostitch before. Never used it though. Looks like it does the business. I normally pop the 12mm on myself, but have been thinking of trying this method. How many pics did you stitch together?

Kev

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 pm

its four pics merged together photstitch is a cannon program ,funny my new camera hasnt got the same funtion but you can still use the program to merge the pics,brian if you want a copy of the pic i can send the file to you ,or anyone else if they want it :wink:it cost me 50 yo yos to get it printed with the white line and black border and to get it framed was another 50 if i recall (probably got ripped off :oops: ) but was happy with it at the time ,was preressionist period :lol:
ronald that pic is just peachy did you take a burst of pics or just have a good trigger finger :?:

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Ronald wrote:here's one I took of my mate neil having a chuck at garryvoe at christmas ,the previous wave near took the legs from under him :lol:

nice photo ronald but i`d think a photo of neil being hit by the next wave would`ve been better :lol:

thats a cracking photo of yours roger.really nice colours 8) im gona have to make more of an effort to get out snapping this year,even when im fishing.
no point in spending £400 on a dslr and only using it for fishy photos :roll:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 am

roger de dodger wrote:its four pics merged together photstitch is a cannon program ,funny my new camera hasnt got the same funtion but you can still use the program to merge the pics,brian if you want a copy of the pic i can send the file to you ,or anyone else if they want it :wink:it cost me 50 yo yos to get it printed with the white line and black border and to get it framed was another 50 if i recall (probably got ripped off :oops: ) but was happy with it at the time ,was preressionist period :lol:
ronald that pic is just peachy did you take a burst of pics or just have a good trigger finger :?:

thanks roger i would appreciate that send it to my email if you can thanks. ive always wanted a pic like that.

rgds

brian

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm

heres one of a mink in the upper coligan valley, just below him is a shoal of seatrout

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:19 pm

nice snap of something you dont see every day :wink: i was down in bray harbour(not fishing)and i noticed a carrier bag with something brown floating next to it ,it was an otter that had got its head stuck in the handle of the bag,probably some litter bug throwing his leftover bait away :evil: what a waste of our natural wildlife :roll:

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:03 pm

otters seem to be thriving at the minute, theres a family of 4 down in youghal quays and they even rob your fish.........if ya had a fish :shock:

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Took this photo on my 2nd ever fishing trip. We hired a boat from Kilmore Quay towards the end of last summer. The gulls were following close as they were after the discards from the fish being filleted on the way back.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 pm

Ronald wrote:here's one I took of my mate neil having a chuck at garryvoe at christmas ,the previous wave near took the legs from under him :lol:

got 2 say this is my fav photo you only see ones in the mags like this and of coarse im the one casting by the way ronald you dint ask me if you could use it!!! :D

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:28 pm

neil t wrote:

got 2 say this is my fav photo you only see ones in the mags like this and of coarse im the one casting by the way ronald you dint ask me if you could use it!!! :D

I supose with you being irish angler this month and being famous and all that I should have got a release form :lol: Though seeing as it's impossible to tell who you actually are from the photos maybe not :twisted:
Anyway next time it's your turn to kneel down in the surf with your new camera and try and take a few photos :shock: :lol: