New camera for christmas...

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:02 am

Thinking about ungrading. Using a fuji point and shoot job at the moment. Hoping to move up a league or two. Waterproofness not essential to me. Probably go for aquatex bag or something. Drawn to the panasonic lumix dmc-fz8. Looking at lots of USA reviews on it. Seem good. Anyone any experience with it? What are pixmania like to deal with? There package deal on this camera and the must have accesories seem dearer than buying the bits seperatly. Maybe im missing out on something.. As usual, any advice will be gratefully recieved!

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:11 am

Hi Dave,
I find this to be a good site, they do a buyers guide, independent camera reviews and when available user reviews. The only problem I have with it is seeing the price differences between the US and here. :evil:
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/?tag=promo.dc

I hope it's a help and you find what you are looking for.
Derek

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:09 pm

If its any help Dave, I have the Lumix DMC FZ7 and find it a really nice bit of kit. Does more than I can ever hope to figure out. The fz8 is its replacement and seems to be, design wise, almost identical. However, there are some important changes to the spec of the fz7. If the FZ8 is an improvement on this then I can only say go for it.

Have a look at this.... http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz8/

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:36 am

New panasonic just ordered lads! Let you know what i think after i spend a few years learning how to turn it on :lol:

Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:58 am

they are really good cameras have leica lenses and sensors which are brilliant.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Sony Cyber shots are better!!!

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:20 pm

sony :lol: :lol: :lol: tv,s yes cameras :? fuji do far better for a quarter of the money canon for me foolproof well nearly anyway :lol:

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:52 pm

I got an Olympus ยต 790 SW. Havent got to use it underwater yet but its coping well with the really cold weather in france at the mo. Goes down to 3m without out a water case.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Try to beat this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

New camera for christmas...

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:36 pm

well lads i have been using a Fuji finepix A330 for a few years now and can not find no faults with it, has everything in it and fairly easy to use ( once i got the hang of it :lol: )

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:38 pm

You could work cyber shots blind!!! 8)

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:05 am

i got a canon PowerShot A540. excellent camera. good for fish because on auto it focus on the predominant/largest object in the screen which hopefully is the fish.

4x optical zoom, 6 mega pixel, and not a bad price. highly recommended.