Brand New To Lure fishing for bass.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Been Fishing foa a while now for bass on the bait, But Lure fishing always interested me.I was hopeing someone could point me in the right direction.I have a rod and reel and some lures but im stuck on where to fish.
Im located in Tralee Co.Kerry Tryed looking online But to No luck.(Not Trying to pouch your Secret Spots Just need a idea Where to fish).

Re: Brand New To Lure fishing for bass.

Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:13 pm

Well you are in the ideal county for it anyway let me tell you that.
If on facebook or insta look up some SW bass or kerry pages. Also search on youtube and you may recognise a few spots.

Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:47 pm

Shallow, rocky, weedy areas like 4-6ft deep, fish low water up, fishing into darkness or in total darkness increases your chances. If fishing at night make sure to slowly retrieve (like as slow as you possibly can). If you are using plugs, check what their intended action is, some lures might need to be twitched were as others work better on a straight retrieve. Sometimes if you pause for a second the bass will hit the lure too.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:51 pm

There is an old book from Bob Moss that details the best bass marks around Kerry - hard to find now, but worth a look. Even goes into the tides and weather.
Bound to be copies around in Kerry. Maybe the charity shops?

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:19 pm

Thanks for all the replys, Will be a lot of help.