Switch to full style
Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials
Post a reply

Spinning for Bass in April

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Anyone had any success? Hoping to hit a beach with a bit of surf this weekend

Re: Spinning for Bass in April

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:02 am

I was thinking of holding off till the end of May and the water temp is a bit better. But I'm interested to see how other people are getting on?

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:46 am

the guy on IFI down in kerry has been connecting this past month - id say the southern shore will be heating up nicely now

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:00 am

I just had ten days in Dingle. Arrived in gales, weather settled down after three days. Fishing was tough but ended up with 13 bass to 6 pound which was ok and about right for late April but this is the worst start to the season for a good few years.
I fished a week in early January and a week at beginning of March on lures without a sniff.
So the answer to your question is yes it’s definitely worth a try, weathers warming up. Gannets have moved in shore the last couple of weeks so the baht fish are about and the bass are following.
Tight lines !,,

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 pm

Had a 4 lbr on a senko on the copper coast in late february before the snow on the last quarter moon phase and nothing since. Was bait fishing last week on the first quarter moon phase in the same spot and had 4 bass in very small surf from daylight into darkness. Lost a couple of fish too . Coalies were stripping my crab baits as soon as it got dark.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:41 pm

Just read report and pictures of big Bass being got on soft plastics in Kerry.
Post a reply