Lure fishing beaches at night

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Just looking for some opinions: few venues i fish and planning to fish at night. Both are beaches and adjacent to each beach are boulder fields which i fish during the daytime. Havent night fished them yet but what areas would you guys recommend fishing first at night on the coming tide. The sandy beach or fish the boulder field??

Re: Lure fishing beaches at night

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:33 pm

For me I would fish on the ebb, especially for the first few times night fishing.... just incase you get disoriented or into difficulty. This was you are not in danger with the incoming tide.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:19 pm

A Feed Shallow is a great lure to try if you are starting out with night fishing. Very very slow retrieval.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:06 pm

What color lures do you use at night?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:57 pm

try a white senko on a texas hook pattern.
Don't go huge.
Anything that offers vibration and top water action will help, bass have lateral lines. Assume its bass you are after?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Yep, after bass.
will try hard lures and SP's....white senko type lures and my favourite Dot Crawler...
Any recommendation on rigging a 7" SP with a tail hook ?
Will rig it with offset for weedless as normal but bass seem to pluch at the end of it at night time especially, would a small offet at the tail tied direct to the main hook work lads ???