Cheap lures ????????

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

Cheap lures ????????

Postby gorilla33 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Was looking at lures in my local the other day there was tronix lures for 3 euro could this do the job or are the more expensive ones really better . All opinions welcome please .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
gorilla33
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Cheap lures ????????

Postby mickser » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 pm

YES The cheaper lures work as good as the more expensive ones just make sure about the colours you use for the fish you are targeting IE= blue and white for bass black for pollock although I have caught fish on every lure that I have used it is just trial and error
I have not fished in two years hoping to change that this year with anything ?
mickser
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 175 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby chuckaroo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:23 pm

3yoyos sounds pricey to me.. :wink: :lol:

(buy them cheap and change the hooks on them, they all do the same thing(ish)..)
Charlie

2024 targets:
porbeagle, stingers, seatrout, shore skate, shore tope
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 819 times

Postby ragnar » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Have a look on Aliexpress,some good lures for small money if you can wait for 3-4 weeks delievery.
ragnar
SAI Lug Worm

Postby keithelliott » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm

ragnar wrote:Have a look on Aliexpress,some good lures for small money if you can wait for 3-4 weeks delievery.

I looked at that site, did you order stuff of it?? Looks ok
keithelliott
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby ragnar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:49 pm

keithelliott wrote:
ragnar wrote:Have a look on Aliexpress,some good lures for small money if you can wait for 3-4 weeks delievery.

I looked at that site, did you order stuff of it?? Looks ok

Sorry for late reply...Yeah got a good few bits off of it and stuff was perfect.Couldnt go wrong for the prices.
ragnar
SAI Lug Worm

Postby ian 123 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:17 am

I bought a few packs of the tsunami laser shads online, they look to be identical copies of the black minnow lures. Still waiting for them to be delivered but will update when I see them in person.
I am still new to the lure fishing so fingers crossed I can find a few fish!
ian 123
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby HoleDigger » Tue May 31, 2016 12:46 pm

@gorilla33
check out this site here: http://www.ebay.ie/usr/zeebaars010?_trk ... 7675.l2559
I have ordered a lot of them in the past, no difference to the insanely high priced and branded articles. They all got me fish ;)
Seller is 100% reliable. Take my word for it. I consider Payo Lures even better than those overpriced so called 'originals' and they probably come from the same factory anyway. Don't pay for brand names and advertisements. Fish smart and tight lines!
HoleDigger
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 8 times

Postby kieran » Tue May 31, 2016 2:04 pm

various bits and pieces from aliexpress coming to me now, very happy with the quality so far, lures are absurdly cheap!
Look before you leap, read the dimensions and weights carefully, but beyond that, its great value
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Eoghan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Honestly you could paint a stick green (or black, brown etc) and catch Bass, Pollock etc. The American guys do it all the time with broom handles for Striped Bass. When I have more time it something I am going to do it. Its more about the size and profile of the lure than anything else. A lure/stick/anything in a sandeel or smelt profile presented correctly will catch any fish. Honestly if you are confident in what you are using its 90% of the battle.

Quick idea - Large rock in sea/estuary mouth etc, water flowing from left to right, (Water movement very important) cast sandeel imitating stick 15 feet away from rock and allow it to drift without really imparting much action to the rock and see what happens.

Had a look at the lures on ebay link, all look great.
Top 3 lure caught bass 2017 :
10Ib 5 oz
9Ib 2oz
8Ib 11oz
Eoghan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 254 times

Postby HoleDigger » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 pm

apologies for the confusion re the above link, here is the real deal: http://www.ebay.ie/sch/zeebaars010/m.ht ... pg=&_from=
tight lines
HoleDigger
SAI Lug Worm

Postby shortcircuit » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:05 am

Just my two cents lads

In terms of bass lures, you will find little difference in action between the branded lures and the copies. The finish on the copies will not be just as nice, but when put past the nose of a hungry bass, I doubt that would matter too much.

Where there is a difference is casting. The copies, in general, cast quite poorly. If there is a headwind, you might struggle to get them out any distance. Not an issue if the bass are very close, but if they are that bit further out, could be a problem. On a calm day or with a tailwind they will cast grand.
shortcircuit
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 240 times

Postby Johnboy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Tronix plugs seem to get good reviews, savage gear make some brilliant lures too with colours like "Psycho Sandeel", "Bone" and "Dirty Silver".Rapture lures do a good copy of the IMA Sasuke which they call the "Momoko", look that one up on eBay. Avoid any copies of the Tackle House Feed Shallow as the copies of this particular lure don't cast. I got snobby recently and splashed out on IMA, Duo and Tackle house lures but there'll always be a place for a couple of cheap and reliable lures. Look into colors such as "Bora Mullet".
Johnboy
SAI Lug Worm

Return to Lure Fishing