Current water temperature

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:38 pm

I just reviewing the water conditions, weather tides etc and it seems the current water temperature readings for the Irish Sea is 8.3 degrees Celsius which is one degree lower than average for this time of year. It seems the general consensus says that Bass fishing on lures only starts when water temperature rises to 10 degrees. I notice that these temperature readings are taken from the surface of the water - are we to assume that water temperature is even colder at depths ? Suppose water temperature will be higher in estuaries where water is shallow and influenced more by the Sunlight.?

Re: Current water temperature

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Interesting, i was going to try the lure this Sunday because the wind will have died off and the air temperature will be up to 13 degrees. Would be interesting to know what water temperature lads are getting Bass on the lure.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:40 pm

St patricks day I was gettkng 7.8C and on the following sunday I was getting 8C Dublin bay, things are on the up

Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Lads, don't get too wound up with temps 10 is not absolutely necessary :shock: Other factors important too clarity availability of food etc
Last set of springs had bass over two sessions... once they are there and feeding you will catch. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:43 pm

declan65 wrote:Lads, don't get too wound up with temps 10 is not absolutely necessary :shock: Other factors important too clarity availability of food etc
Last set of springs had bass over two sessions... once they are there and feeding you will catch. :wink:

Some nice spring fish there. Hopefully the water will be clear if not up to temperature.