Shimano Rarenium C14 4000 FB

Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:41 pm

Anybody here using the 4000 FB new model? Just wondering if there is much difference with the 4009FA? I have a Shimano Saros 4000 which is a grand reel but the newer model is not getting good reviews,I don't want to make that mistake with the Rarenium as the older model the FA has a good name. I can get the old model for €167 delivered which i think is a great price and the new one for €170, any insight in to this will be much appreciated.

Anto.

Re: Shimano Rarenium C14 4000 FB

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Did you compare the specs to see what you are actually getting from the new model. Is the new model worth it when the old model was extensively used

with braid and current styles of lure fishing and as you say with good reviews. Personally not a fan of the newer Shimano's, but don't have any exp with the

Rareniums.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:46 am

I'm following this post. I can't go wrong with the rareium

Savage reel never let me down once.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Camcolite wrote: Personally not a fan of the newer Shimano's, but don't have any exp with the

Rareniums.

Interesting that you say that. I got a new Exage last month, and I suspect Shimano's had the accountants into the factory. It seems to be built to a price rather than a quality - the spindle cog is plastic, not steel like on models from a couple of years ago.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Camcolite wrote:Did you compare the specs to see what you are actually getting from the new model. Is the new model worth it when the old model was extensively used

with braid and current styles of lure fishing and as you say with good reviews. Personally not a fan of the newer Shimano's, but don't have any exp with the

Rareniums.

Just a couple of changes like the Magnumlite C14+rotor and its a bit lighter. I think i will go for the tried and trusted Fa model as its a bit early for reviews for the new model and I need to act quickly for the price I'm getting it for.