Lost Marks

Sat May 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Returned to a mark last night I usually fish, first time back since last November. It used to be a great spot with a very large area covered with rocks and boulders, not easy to get to, I'd planned to fish from low water up as it's good then, but now due to the Winter storms it's wiped out and is now just sand, nothing left and totally covered, feel a bit depressed as it was one of my favourite spots and threw up a double figure Bass for me. Anybody else experience this.

Re: Lost Marks

Sat May 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Ya,a lot of our beaches have totally changed since the storms,beaches that used to fish good,are now featureless wastelands,while other marks are fishing well when they used to be mediocre,swings and roundabouts i find...a lot of relearning has to be done after this winter ...

Mon May 05, 2014 2:00 pm

id say we'll hear more and more of the likes as the good weather anglers come back on the scene in the next few weeks...

Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 pm

ballyheigue and banna are totally changed. lot of sand gone, dunes changed, lots of peat around???

Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 pm

I have noticed there being white water and swells in places that there wasn't last year