bass fishing off north coast

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Does anyone on here succesfully get bass off the shore up north or northeast coast ?Pm welcome. Im not asking for specific marks im new to bass fishing I normally just get pollack an mackeral from my local spots. Cheers. Cian

Re: Bass fishing off north coast

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:08 am

PM sent

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:10 am

Drogheda is as far north as you can reliably target bass on the east coast, I've tried farther north but never had any joy. Would love for somebody to tell me I'm wrong but this is my experience.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 pm

I have not even heard of bass being caught past clare on the west coast, is there a magic barrier they dont cross or something???

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:21 pm

agardiner22 wrote:I have not even heard of Bass being caught past clare on the west coast, is there a magic barrier they dont cross or something???

That magic barrier your talking about must have been in cork this morning :D :shock:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:58 pm

You'll struggle to hit bass on lure/fly on the North coast, bait is a better bet.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Never been lucky enough to catch a north coast bass. They are there in Donegal and farther round the north coast, seen them landed and all caught on bait

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:14 pm

I even gave up Fishing for Bass in Dublin! But have a look at this. I imagine they are like hens teeth tho!

http://fishinginireland.info/news/sea-r ... waterfoot/

Thu May 01, 2014 10:49 am

Cheers for the feedback lads

Fri May 02, 2014 8:28 am

If you're up north, dont do your head in focussing on bass, get a game licence and go after sea trout. They're generally more plentiful, haunt the same kind of ground and broadly go for the same kind of bait and lures, so if there are any bass around you'll have a chance of picking up the odd one while you're catching ST. IMO the trout are more fun and nicer eating than bass, which have become overhyped to cult status.