Sea trout tags

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:44 pm

I have just been told I need to return tags for trout..? Appraently a week or so ago. My bad, wasnt aware and will do so now.
Does anyone know if its too late..? Any consequences to missing this deadline..? Any info would be great.

Re: Sea trout tags

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:22 pm

not too late. As for consequences, next seasons sea trout will have the final say

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:14 am

Ask for proof of postge at the Post Office when you return your tags. You will need to keep it for 12 months.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Eoghan,

The tags and log book were due to be back by the 19th I think. No major panic, if you're worried give them a ring in Blackrock, quote your licence number and apologise and tell them they are in the post. Or else just post back the tags ASAP along with the completed logbook of catches that came with the tags. You should have received a freepost envelope and instructions as to what to do with the licence when you bought it.

I forgot once a couple of years ago and just received a reminder letter which I then responded to and all was fine.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:29 am

Cheers guys. The irony is this year, I bought a license and deliberately targeted trout sometimes and caught none..! :-)
Other years I have caught them while fishing for bass.
I think I will call them today and then send em on.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Oops completely forgot myself.

I'll send them back next week so

Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 am

E, it's never too late to return your licence.
The information it contains, is, priceless.