Waders And price ?

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

Waders And price ?

Postby Deise boy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi
Ok simple question which will properly cause an argument or 2.

Which are best. ?
But before you answer i have googled this to death and my own conclusion is ( the ones that suit you.

Prices from €45 to €899. I wouldn't even if i had the money pay that. ( thats a lie ).

I have a pair of sigma chest waders. 3 fishing trips and they ripped on the boot side. Couldn't be bothered bringing them back and going through all the hassle of explaining i did nothing to them it was there shite design and bad manufacture

Sorry if some one has them but thats my conclusion on them.

Anyhow.

I need a new pair i would much prefer the breathable as i been with a few lads with e neoprene ones and they were more soaked then me in sweat then i was from a leak.

Know i can use any sturdy boots with them but would prefer the kit itself.

Simms are way way way out of my league unless theres any one willing to buy them for me . Lol.

So any ideas. Makes models especially as a name isn't much use as there seems to be huge numbers of models by the same name.

S any to definitely stay away from or any to look into.

Im not allowed into the for sale section yet. As i only have about 80 posts i need 200

My fishing places aren't that rough to get to but still like to get a really good durable set which will last me and not have me losing pints of sweat but keep warm when needed.

Sorry about the big post but i do like to explain what I'm after instead of just saying which are the best waders.

Budget of maybe €150. Max

Wife sees this and i wont be fishing again ever as the last pair were only €15 AHEM [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Deise boy
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 131 times

Re: Waders And price ?

Postby patk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Ive treied quiiete a few and often the expensive ones didnt last as long as cheaper ones. ||After 20 years or so using breathables including simms the ones i use now are Bison so do a few people i know great for the money latest pair have lasted 3 years to date, Great value and within budget and include boots in price. They do only one breathable stockingfoot wader and two boots

For this message the author patk has received thanks:
Deise boy (Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:31 pm)
patk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 53 times

Postby Deise boy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:32 pm

patk wrote:Ive treied quiiete a few and often the expensive ones didnt last as long as cheaper ones. ||After 20 years or so using breathables including simms the ones i use now are Bison so do a few people i know great for the money latest pair have lasted 3 years to date, Great value and within budget and include boots in price. They do only one breathable stockingfoot wader and two boots

Thanks for the input mate. Appreciate the response.
Deise boy
SAI Hammerhead

Postby bigballs » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Simms g4 best by a mile
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
AndrewM
bigballs
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 29 times

Postby spindlefist » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 pm

I've used the Climb8 ones for the past 2 years, great waders, I just put old Work boots on as wading booots, lidl/aldi boots. you get a good year out of 14euro boots before the sea killsthem.
http://www.anglingwear.com/index.php?ma ... ducts_id=9

or the greys waders, which are €199 ,billy burke in outdoor pursuits ,ballinrobe is selling them off half price, so even if postage cost you 15quid or so, you're making a great saving.
https://www.facebook.com/OutdoorPursuits?fref=ts

great guy to deal with too
2016: dogfish, pollack,

2015: whiting, coalfish, turbot, pollack, ballan wrasse, conger, thornback, short spined sea scorpion , common blenny ,

2014 : dogfish, garfish, launce, common blenny, cuckoo wrasse, flounder, pollack, thornback ray,

2013 species:(15) Whiting, Dogfish, Three Bearded Rockling, bull huss, poor cod,turbot, flounder,pollack, spotted ray, thornback ray, launce, corkwing wrasse, long spined sea scorpion, common blenny,mackerel,

2012 species: Thornback, bull huss, Dogfish, pollack, Mackerel, bass, flounder, turbot, conger,

Species 09:(23) Conger, Whiting, Bass, flounder, Dogfish, dab, corkwing wrasse, pollack, bull huss(8lb 10oz~PB) , thornback ray(8lb~PB), dragonet, ballan wrasse, Blenny, Mackeral,long spined sea scorpion,pouting, coalfish, launce, codling, poor cod, starry smoothhound, 5 bearded rockling, shore rockling..

For this message the author spindlefist has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:06 am), Deise boy (Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 am)
spindlefist
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 116 times

Postby razor2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Kinetic waders I have a pair about year and half no problems with them .I have given them a right going over i think you would get a pair with the boot for about 150.The boot has a felt soul so you will need to get studs other wise they are lethal on grass.

For this message the author razor2 has received thanks:
Deise boy (Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 am)
razor2
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 196 times

Postby Deise boy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 am

bigballs wrote:Simms g4 best by a mile

Don't doubt there good.

Just very expensive for me mate.

For this message the author Deise boy has received thanks:
bigballs (Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 pm)
Deise boy
SAI Hammerhead

Postby JimC » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 am

spindlefist wrote:I've used the Climb8 ones for the past 2 years, great waders, I just put old Work boots on as wading booots, lidl/aldi boots. you get a good year out of 14euro boots before the sea killsthem.
http://www.anglingwear.com/index.php?ma ... ducts_id=9

I have been wearing a pair of the Climb8's for three years and they are still going strong. Maybe boat angling is not as hard on waders as walking through bushes etc. but I certainly couldn't complain with these.
I tend to wear neoprenes during the coldest months.
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby roryodonnell » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 am

I got a pair of the Redington Sonic Pro waders at the Angling Show in Swords earlier this year from South Side Angling Centre for 250 Euros. Excellent waders.
roryodonnell
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 187 times

Postby Crevan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:46 am

Have a look at Patagonia range.

Look on ebay. Always great deals from the US
Crevan
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 78 times

Postby ste c » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 pm

daiwa neoprene chest waders have them years with no problems or vass 740s
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 323 times

Postby Camcolite » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:26 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44496

heard lots of good things about these, I like that they take your size. Bassboots will be my next pair of waders......
Camcolite
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 14 times

Postby Deise boy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Picking up a set of scierras c3 breathable waders.

Read a few reviews. Seems good.
Anyone any personal feedback good or bad ?
Deise boy
SAI Hammerhead

Postby bassmania787 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 pm

i got a pair of VASS waders for 100 EURO, very comfortable, good quality and they are studded for extra grip, used them for fly fishing and for sea fishing. very pleased with them
bassmania787
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby JOHN1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I got a pair of snowbee wadermaster 600d viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44495&hilit=waders a few weeks back have only used them a few times for launching the boat but so far very happy, very comfortable to wear and very easy to put on and and take off,they should be a grand warm wader for the winter as they have a nice lining.
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Postby JimH » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Use a good base layer like Patagonia capilene and the true benefit of breathable waders is revealed. Even the crivit base layers from lidl which are very accessible will make a huge difference. Jeans / trousers dont work as sweat is retained not revealing the true value.

For this message the author JimH has received thanks: 2
Deise boy (Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:38 am), roryodonnell (Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm)
JimH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 528 times

Postby Donnyboy1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Have cheap pair from sports direct.com bout 25quid I reckon...
Donnyboy1
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 68 times

Postby ATF » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 am

Another thumbs up for the climb8 waders, havent used them yet but a lot of the coarse fishing lads up the country swear by them, and seemingly the girl who runs climb8 worked for Simms in the US, so she knows a thing or 2 about waders....think their about €150 a set off-the-shelf, or if ur willing to travel up to mayo, u can get custom fitted, for few quid extra....not bad....my Wychwood breathables are still going strong after 4 years....but the boots take a right hammering....

i like the idea of lidl/aldi boots which can be chucked away after a season, but what are they like on wet, slippy rocks? I just like the grip on felt soles, only downside is keeping the felt intact....anyone any ideas on how to get good grip out of standard pair of work boots....im not to keen on the screw in studs for wet rocks
ATF
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby MAC » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Deise boy wrote:Picking up a set of scierras c3 breathable waders.

The C3's are ok. I had a pair for 3 1/2 seasons. I used them a lot, but you have to be very careful near thorns and such. The material is quite light and damaged easier. I was about 2 seasons in, when I developed a small leak where the material joined the stocking boot. After another few months I was also noticing a small leak in the left thigh... most likely as a result of hitting off bushes. Recently both side where leaking at the foot join and they became unusable.

I am now using snowbee breathable waders and am happy enough with these. The material is heavier and re-inforced in the knee area. Only time will tell though.

For me, my next pair will be "bass boots" I am hearing some very good things about these waders on SAI, and there are few guys here who have given them hard use over a few years, without any issues.
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby Deise boy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:33 pm

MAC wrote:
Deise boy wrote:Picking up a set of scierras c3 breathable waders.

The C3's are ok. I had a pair for 3 1/2 seasons. I used them a lot, but you have to be very careful near thorns and such. The material is quite light and damaged easier. I was about 2 seasons in, when I developed a small leak where the material joined the stocking boot. After another few months I was also noticing a small leak in the left thigh... most likely as a result of hitting off bushes. Recently both side where leaking at the foot join and they became unusable.

I am now using snowbee breathable waders and am happy enough with these. The material is heavier and re-inforced in the knee area. Only time will tell though.

For me, my next pair will be "Bass boots" I am hearing some very good things about these waders on SAI, and there are few guys here who have given them hard use over a few years, without any issues.

Thats a good term for a pair of waders getting them new from a shop for €100 so i suppose thats a bonus
Deise boy
SAI Hammerhead

Next

Return to Lure Fishing