The one that got away.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Sickened.

Weather was perfect

Tides were perfect

Spinning away 25 minutes into a relaxing Sunday spin on the beach.

Rod almost gets pulled clean out of my hand. I heard that saying before but when it happened me I almost shite myself.

Started reeling strong as first then gentle enough to keep tight lines.

Looking over the water up he cones a huge bass.

First thought was holy s*** balls

Kept reeling getting close and closer up he came again rod was at a total bend line was at its peak of pressure

15 ft reel reel reel

10 ft reel reel reel

5 ft could see him in the water beautiful silver

At 3ft I felt it just shake the lure to death and the rod went dead.

Couldn't believe it. I felt sick. Honestly sick.

There was even a polish guy beside me screaming as I reeled it in in polish language

I just said ah for f@@k sake and dropped the rod and lit up a cig.
The polish dude did the same.

Long long drive home.

Kept thinking should I of reeled harder / softer / etc etc.

Ah well good day all the same.

Now to get completely wasted on beer to drown sorrows. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Re: The one that got away.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Ah well there,s always the next time,dont let it get you down as its all part of this sometimes cruel sport to lose a fish like that.

John Ainsworth.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Unlucky, happens to us all. I never reel hard when the fish hits, let it run, make sure the drag is set correctly, keep the rod up and enjoy the ride. Don't panic and reel nice and steady, if it gets off so be it. Btw what lure did you get it on?

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:37 pm

At least you hooked into a good fish some people never get the chance to hook into a big one but thats fishing

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:30 pm

I feel for you! That fishing though! That's why you out of bed at 5am on your day off!

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:22 am

Richie07 wrote:Unlucky, happens to us all. I never reel hard when the fish hits, let it run, make sure the drag is set correctly, keep the rod up and enjoy the ride. Don't panic and reel nice and steady, if it gets off so be it. Btw what lure did you get it on?

Lol
Was waiting for that question.
What lure. I was using feathers. !!

It was a simple Japanese mure I bought in a pack. Cost. 0.50 cent. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:02 am

Deise boy wrote:
Richie07 wrote:Unlucky, happens to us all. I never reel hard when the fish hits, let it run, make sure the drag is set correctly, keep the rod up and enjoy the ride. Don't panic and reel nice and steady, if it gets off so be it. Btw what lure did you get it on?

Lol
Was waiting for that question.
What lure. I was using feathers. !!

It was a simple Japanese mure I bought in a pack. Cost. 0.50 cent. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

:D I saw a guy hit the jackpot once with a set of feathers, he landed a double figure Bass. I asked him nicely to return it but he didn't, it was his fish, his prize and a fish of a lifetime so I could see why he wanted to keep it.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:08 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381741721.499807.jpg

That's her. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:50 pm

its cruel but at least u have the 1 that got away story now time to go get his parents :evil:

Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Nearly every time I am fishing for bass and there are numbers there, I will have at least one or more get off. I recently had a bass smash a rod on me in Kerry. Cracking fish. Literally..! :-) But as for the rod getting pulled out of your hands, I have had that a few times, esp at night..! Its addictive.

The one that got away.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Unlucky but it's better to have hooked and lost than never have hooked at all!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:25 am

Eoghan wrote:Nearly every time I am fishing for Bass and there are numbers there, I will have at least one or more get off. I recently had a Bass smash a rod on me in Kerry. Cracking fish. Literally..! :-) But as for the rod getting pulled out of your hands, I have had that a few times, esp at night..! Its addictive.

I'm heading out for a nights bass fishing later.

Well excited now mate.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:43 pm

i feel your pain lad...so close man to ya and all lad..aw lad all id be able for id say would be to roar at the heavens.hard luck man but thats the way she goes...