bass

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:00 pm

hey lads just looking for a recomindation pn a lure rod mainly casting 2 to 26gram lures ..
ill be targeting bass and good size pollack?

any help would be great thanks ~Paddyjoe

Re: Bass

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:43 pm

What's the budget paddyjoe?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 am

I was hoping upto 100 as I need a reel too my old kit gave up last night

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 am

try the Shakespeare ugly stick. 8ft. and go with a wee shimano reel. can't remember the model I use, but it's well balanced, and should cost around 70 to 80 pounds for the lot. . I have one and its a smashing wee rod

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:22 am

thanks a million ill go today and purchase the silvery fellas are around and i need one this year :)

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:31 am

Have a look at the other threads in the "lure" area.....there are a lot of decent lure rods available on a budget.... I have not heard the Ugly feature mix.... Guys seem happy with Abu Veritas, Surecatch Powerbraid etc. etc.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:37 am

, have a look around and see what suits you. . . I can only tell ya what suits me

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Might be worth posting a "Wanted - bass spinning rod" in the "for sale" section. You could probably pick up a very good lure rod for that budget second hand.

Anyway, loads of choice out there. Would suggest you hit the local tackle shop also to have a goo at what they have available. Not sure what shops are near to Youghal but Absolute Fishing in Tramore should have a good range of bass lure rods.

Ps - 2g to 26g might be a stretch. rods tend to be rated 8 to 25 or 10 to 30 or 15-40 etc. So decide what type of lures and lure weights you are actually going to use before you start looking at those shiny new rods and get sucked into buying something you don't need!!!!!

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Well lads got sorted today went out for 5 hours with a buddy :) no bass but a lot of pollack to crazy size but we must of had 20 or so he's the first on the new gear Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 am

well done paddyjoe! nice way to christen the new set up!!

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks lads had a great night catching some pollack :) can't wait for a bass prob be next year tho :) although I caught a wrasse on a lure which I thick was cool haha no pic tho :/ some teeth on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Lovely fish mate. And trust me, not too late for bass in your neck of the woods! Best of luck with the new gear.