Spinning from Killiney beach

Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi lads, Nice evening tonight so gonna walk along Killiney beach and do a bit of spinning, what am i open to? a few mack's would be nice, but what else can be caught along this beach, gonna use a silver kilty.

Thanks Lads

Re: Spinning from Killiney beach

Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:51 pm

might be a bass or two about,wink,wink

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:19 pm

It prob won't interest you but I have on more than one occasion found that neck of the woods to be popular with Launce (Greater Sandeels). They are very fond of lures.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 pm

caught 5 launce and a small flounder early sunday morning spinning near the car park :)

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 pm

I was out that way last week, caught some small flounder, Launce and Pollock doing a bit of spinning and using some soft plactics.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 am

I went down last night, Lovely evening, light south easterly wind created a nice bit of small surf.... But the water was full of weed :( unfishable.

Will try again soon

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am

jono,b wrote:I went down last night, Lovely evening, light south easterly wind created a nice bit of small surf.... But the water was full of weed :( unfishable.

Will try again soon

I was there 2 weeks ago and it was full of weed and I only lasted about 30 minutes before I called it a day. Same kind of wind from the south east, maybe a bit stronger. I was going to go back out this evening but looks like I'll have to try somewhere else. Might go up to Howth or Sutton and see what's about. Might be a bit more sheltered form any weed that might be about.