Illex Bonnie

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi All,

I have heard a lot of good things about the Illex Bonnie, the only negative i have heard so far is that some fishers deem it to be too loud and fear that it scares fish away. Well i ignored the negatives and bought one today for to try out for myself. I was just wondering what your take on the lure was.

Thanks Lads
Tom

Re: Illex Bonnie

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Casts very well.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 pm

One of my favourites.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Tom do NOT be without it - so many years so many fish plus happy and surprised customers. A slow lazy walk to control the sound faster to make it more aggressive

I could spend a day with you with this lure and still we would have so much to do.

See PBF - catch reports for summer evening fishing for just this summer alone

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Marvellous! Another lure I have to buy! :-)

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Eoghan wrote:Marvellous! Another lure I have to buy! :-)

That's what I was thinking, but all the lures I have work so think I'll leave it.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 pm

http://www.probassfisher.com/2011/05/so ... rites.html

This is the trouble with gear and I would never want to influence anybody in this direction too strongly, there's enough doing it already.

Some stuff does work better than others and some works for personal reasons like confidence - I don't have the time to make too many mistakes as regards lure choice.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm

One of my favourites. Always in my box.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 pm

[quote I don't have the time to make too many mistakes as regards lure choice.[/quote]

And that's precisely why I will buy one! :-)
Tnks jim.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 am

Thanks for all the responses guys, i think its safe to say that this lure will be a keeper. :mrgreen:

JimH wrote:Tom do NOT be without it - so many years so many fish plus happy and surprised customers. A slow lazy walk to control the sound faster to make it more aggressive

I could spend a day with you with this lure and still we would have so much to do.

See PBF - catch reports for summer evening fishing for just this summer alone

Thanks Jim, i will have to book you in for a day later on in the season.

Tom.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 am

Bassy Tom wrote:Hi All,

I have heard a lot of good things about the Illex Bonnie, the only negative i have heard so far is that some fishers deem it to be too loud and fear that it scares fish away. Well i ignored the negatives and bought one today for to try out for myself. I was just wondering what your take on the lure was.

Thanks Lads
Tom

Just a note on the Illex lures that I've found. The hooks are sharp but I don't think they last too long after SW use. Best to either get some spare trebles as backup, or rinse them after use. Owner st46/41 in size 6/4

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:33 pm

I went and got an illex bonnie today, and left with an s210m! I hate myself. I'm a hypocrite! :-)

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Eoghan wrote:I went and got an illex bonnie today, and left with an s210m! I hate myself. I'm a hypocrite! :-)

I take it pat was working today!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Not sure who it was. First time in there. Very nice guy. Pushed em hard for a deal though. The first thing you see when you enter the shop is a rack of yellow rods. I was like a moth drawn to a light. Game over. There is a reason I order online! :-) picked up some wading boots for my breathables and of course the bonnie. So it's technically all jim h's fault! :-)

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:14 pm

tart - enjoy!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:28 pm

A nice bit of Bling Eoghan, only a matter of time before your the proud owner of a nice new BOGA :D

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Ha ha no way. Unlike the noobs out there I have handled many bass and know how to do so. The rod is some piece of work. Amazingly light and very responsive. Will make working a lure ever easier. Life is too short! :-)

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Tart is right. You can test it out on the Brandon sea trout Eoghan. 42 in the last 5 days. Bass are scarce though, only the surf beaches producing fish to bait.

Lol Rory, Pat is some salesman! But the best part is that I've never regretted buying a single thing he has recommended. A gent and a genuine expert on lure fishing. When he speaks, I listen!!!!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 am

I'll happily hammer trout n macks all weekend on light tackle. The rod is 5 to 25 oz and I'm bursting to catch anything on it. Have a nice okuma 30s on it. I did get a report from Brandon 2 days ago that a few French guys were taking bass in decent numbers. Who knows. I have a good pollock mark that I will try. Up at the crack if dawn and fishing well after sun down. Like a kid on Christmas Eve, it's ridiculous! :-)