lure fishing today

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Just back from a lure fishing session around a few east-cork marks..perfect conditions noting doing do..just said ill let any lure fishing anglers amongist us..was great to get out & wet a line do :)

Re: lure fishing today

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Ya been the same around the Kinsale area with the last 2 days.Ill give it another go for a few pollock in an hour or so and then fish the turn this tonight.I didnt one bass about but came across a few sea trout ,nothing taking.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Was out aswell R, and another blank for the umpteen time. There were positive signs, though, with plenty of terns working about 50 yds off.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Pat wrote:Was out aswell R, and another blank for the umpteen time. There were positive signs, though, with plenty of terns working about 50 yds off.

Pat thats a good enough sign for me im gone now

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:38 pm

heh. You lads shouldn't read the shore report I put up today..... :oops:

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Just back and guess what :lol: nothing :roll:

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Hey Ray, was hoping you were going to put up a nice pic of a rare bass!! Does'nt look like ill get out myself this weekend but was hoping to see some reports on here showing some success....roll on next weekend so i can wet me lures :)

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:52 pm

SeanA101080 wrote:Hey Ray, was hoping you were going to put up a nice pic of a rare Bass!! Does'nt look like ill get out myself this weekend but was hoping to see some reports on here showing some success....roll on next weekend so i can wet me lures :)

:lol: Hows Sean, did you get the lure you wanted friday. Sean has been looking for a mullet feed shallow and cant get one so if anyone has one here they dont want maybe you could sort him out...

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:05 am

Just back in the door now,spent a bit of time looking for a pollock or a wrasse then moved to the beach and tried for a bass or trout,not a touch from anything so we moved again and on to the crab,again nothing,all baits came back untouched.

As Pat said there was a bit of bird activity but by 7-8 o clock they were all tucked in at the back of the island,guess they knew something I didnt.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:12 am

Ya i got it Friday from Dan (Halfway), the feed shallow mullet was the only 1 of the set he was sold out of but he got a batch of um in during the week. Gorgeous looking lure!! Hope it does the business for me, think it will :wink: Thats defo the last lure im buying :P

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:10 am

I was out in East Cork with the lures yesterday also - my first outing this year :( I also blanked in a 3 hour session up to high tide, fished along a 1km stretch with soft and hard plastics but not a tap from the silver fellas. I did have a few takes of a large Slug-go from little pollocks but that was all.

Also saw some terns crash diving into the sea about 200m out, so the fish are probably just that bit too far out still..

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:15 am

SeanA101080 wrote:Ya i got it Friday from Dan (Halfway), the feed shallow mullet was the only 1 of the set he was sold out of but he got a batch of um in during the week. Gorgeous looking lure!! Hope it does the business for me, think it will :wink: Thats defo the last lure im buying :P

Feed Shallow in Mullet colour has been my most successful hard plastic lure for bass - hope it does the business for you too! By da way small tip - when fishing in very shallow areas with a feed shallow if you get snagged, don't pull hard - just give the line slack, wait for 10-20 seconds and then try again - usually the lure will release itself..

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 pm

cheers for the tip Ronnach, dont want to lose this lure, expensive enough!!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 am

Tried a few north Dublin marks yesterday with no joy. Still no sign of trout running.

On the bright side, sandeels were showing for the first time. So some settled weather will hopefully see them back in numbers.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:53 am

Ah crap, thought the relatively decent weather at the weekend might have kick strated something.

Can we all burn some tyres and see if we can kick start some global warming..?
(For all the tree huggers, that was a joke) :-)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:11 pm

roooster wrote:Just back from a lure fishing session around a few east-cork marks..perfect conditions noting doing do..just said ill let any lure fishing anglers amongist us..was great to get out & wet a line do :)

We were out too. Didn't hit our favourite mark though, did a bit of leg work to no avail !!

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:17 pm

After kayaking for several hours around ringabella on sat its like a wastland ...nothing moving except Terns...they were getting eels....