Soft plastics..curves and dints?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:27 pm

So i bought a few sps slug go's n that at the angling show a while back as i wanted to give them a try never really used them much before so i brought them home and put them in my tackle box.i took them out yesterday to have a look at them and there was like a slight curve in the bottom of the tail of some of the slug gos and like little dents in the side of the body i persume this was from been pressed against other lures while in the bag? and just wanted to know would this affect the action of the lure?
Thanks lads -Aaron

Re: Soft plastics..curves and dints?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Perhaps. But knowing its wonky could affect operator, depends.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Try them and see how they feel is your best bet

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:13 pm

If you mix different types of soft lures they can dissolve each other and cause damage like you describe aswell, keep them separated :wink:
Last edited by JOHN1 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 pm

JOHN1 wrote:If you mix different types of soft lures they can dissolve each other aswell, keep them separated :wink:

or find out if GM bait is working for you :) just meant to be a *caugh* roundup comment, nothing else... :)

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 pm

I have never had probs storing Sluggos and they are not the type of sp that dissolves in my experience. But I do keep my diff sp's separate. Sluggo's and some other sp's have two vertical dents (slit like) on each side. Is this what you mean by dents? If so all is fine it is just part of the lure design to improve the action. I wouldn't worry about a curve in the tail either.

You should find plenty of photos on Google Images so you can check what a Sluggo is supposed to look like.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 pm

if you can try and keep them in original packing as many SPs come with sent in the packaing.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm

No the dents were not there before and are not there ony other slug gos and they were not mixed with any other lures just the ones i got in the pack might of just been a dodgey pack or someting thanks for the help anyway lads

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:49 pm

You should always only buy anything from a reputable source! I would try to contact the seller for a replacement and if you cant get your point through... - well, then assume he doesn't want to talk to you because he knows exactly what he was selling to make a profit for himself and wouldn't care a fiddlers...
Anyway, see it positive as this is just another lesson learned for the future. As the old saying goes, by it cheap, buy it twice...

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Ye i know what you mean.anyone know what i could store them in as i dont have the bags anymore?

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

They'll be fine lure hunter. I've a couple too, from another source. In fact, they should swim more erratically!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear that Aaron. Unless they are fakes they should be fine in a ziplock type plastic bag. I have a couple in my bag from last year and both the bag and both Sluggos are doing fine! I generally keep the main supply of sp's in their own original packs inside a ziplock bag in a box at home. Sluggo's are fine but with some sp's the plastic melts and can damage standard plastic tackle boxes. Also those with aniseed or other scent additives can give trouble if stored long term. Best to get them out fishing rather than keeping them in storage for more than a season. :D

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Ive a few zip lock bags there ill put them into the bags and ye rory ill give them a go see what happens thanks for the info lads