Has Anyone Used This

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:02 pm

I have been talking to a friend of mine about a mark and he has given this to try and say it works for him on the mark.Just wondering has anyone else used it whats it called i have no idea.its fished with a popper no hooks and a soft plastic eel or frozen eel with a hook or is it a bit pointless.I dont know if it will work but the idea looks great

Re: Has Anyone Used This

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 pm

I don't no ,but it looks good ,it might be worth a try .good luck and let me no if you catch anything on it please.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:37 am

the popper looks like the Stome Chug bug one, but i could be wrong...i wonder if the attached eel doesnt affect the popper action...

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 pm

The use of a teaser would be an accepted tactic.
Many guys will tie a bass fly ahead of their diving lures.
I had great fishing one evening many years ago in tandem with a chappy using a popper. He'd cast with the popper, I'd cast with the diver just behind the popper....bam!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:31 pm

omercier wrote:the popper looks like the Stome Chug bug one, but i could be wrong...i wonder if the attached eel doesnt affect the popper action...
JimC wrote:The use of a teaser would be an accepted tactic.
Many guys will tie a Bass fly ahead of their diving lures.
I had great fishing one evening many years ago in tandem with a chappy using a popper. He'd cast with the popper, I'd cast with the diver just behind the popper....bam!

I would say without a bought it would affect the popper action but its only kind of a float attraction thats pops.But this idea has me thinking now but from what i know it works.thanks lads

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:18 pm

I tried something similar a few years ago after I saw Paul Young using it on "Fishing Road Trip USA." He used a popper with a strip of squid trailing similar to your set up. I used the belly of the mack. It worked!

A number of years ago one of the mods on here tipped me off about using a toby with a leader trailing with the belly of mackeral. That worked too!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Pat wrote:I tried something similar a few years ago after I saw Paul Young using it on "Fishing Road Trip USA." He used a popper with a strip of squid trailing similar to your set up. I used the belly of the mack. It worked!

A number of years ago one of the mods on here tipped me off about using a toby with a leader trailing with the belly of mackeral. That worked too!

Thanks Pat just what i wanted to hear 8)

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:09 pm

It works over in Wales,as long as the popper still pops,so dont go too big on the lure,can be deadly when fish are on small sandeel.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:13 pm

The soft plastic on the end looks like one of the Manns finesse sandeels, very supple lifelike jellies.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:16 pm

pete wrote:The soft plastic on the end looks like one of the Manns finesse sandeels, very supple lifelike jellies.

I'll see your Manns Sandeel and raise you a Storm Wildeye Sandeel :D :D

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Swine! Double or quits :lol:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 pm

I tried this today to see what it looks like and it works fine no fish tho. But i can see how it could do the job fingers crossed jesus it was cold :roll: