lure protection

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:33 pm

hi lads,just wondering is there anything that u can put on hard lures such as feed shallow to prolong lures paintwork any ideas welcome,gavin

Re: lure protection

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Not a direct answer to your question Gavin but I have turned various lures down on the lathe in the past and have topcoated them with car lacquer spray to protect them.

If I was you I wouldnt worry too much about the paintwork on factory lures, An opaque lure is not always the presentation needed.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 pm

you could use nail polish :D ha ha

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm

You could try this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdlJwX-X5no

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm

guts wrote:you could use nail polish :D ha ha
i dont think so the mrs would think im taking up other hobbies :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 am

thin coat of clear nail polish works

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

thecatcher wrote:
guts wrote:you could use nail polish :D ha ha
i dont think so the mrs would think im taking up other hobbies :lol:

The nail polish works really well, keeps the hook rash off feed shallows especially. Get your mrs to get you a hard clear one. Failing that, clear varnish or some such but i find they are never really clear. The bloody price of feeds anyway, they would want to last a bit longer than one session, without getting so scratched up, couple of euro is well worth it for keeping your shiny things shiny.

Tell your mrs, a man needs good looking lures and good looking nails to catch fish these days...... :P

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 pm

I have feed shallows that have taken a proper bashing(chipped, scratched etc) doesnt seem to have made any difference to the catch rate, if the bass are feeding the lure action does the trick :shock:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi catcher you could use clear epoxy i use it over fish scale effect tape an it works for me ...

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 am

thanks for the replys lads