Hart Rods - Opinions?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with Hart lure rods. Would like to hear what people think of them.
Darren.

Re: RODS

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 pm

nautilus72 wrote:Hi just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with Hart lure rods. Would like to hear what people think of them.
Darren.

I dont know much about them myself but I know baitdigger from here has one and has a bit wrote in his blog about it. http://baitdigger.wordpress.com/tackle-reviews/ If you want to know more send him a pm, hes a helpful chap.

Re: Hart Rods - Opinions?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:05 pm

I have used both the Epitaph1 and the Finnezza Hedge....any particular question?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:40 am

I have ordered the 9ft poizen 20-60gm for heavier lures/conditions just looking to see what people think of them. Quality and fish playing good or bad choice for our bass fishing here. Only getting into it now after a long stint in the carp scene. Any tips or help appreciated.
Darren.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:44 am

Darren, my two are 7' so probably not much of a comparison. FWIW, I used love the Epitaph. As time went by I began to think of them as stiff. I use them less for inshore bass and more for offshore reef at this stage.
Beautifully finished rods that will last.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks Jim for that I will have to wait and see how I get on with it I also have a teklon concept 8ft 10-40 grm on order for more regular fishing. Like your vids too some fishing there mate.
Cheers darren

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Hart- great service from tronix pro. I have the bloody offshore 265 and used it for everything from weightless senkos, poppers and surface lures to 42g jigheads for savage gear sandeels and it performed well at all levels. Dont try to horse ten pound pollack up the side of the rocks though!

You do need to take reasonable care of it. I dropped mine during a cleaning session and it hit the gas ring on the tip end. No apparent damage at the time but then around a month later it snapped while retrieving. about an hour earlier I had landed a big pollack but it snapped during an empty retrieve. I do not believe this was a fault in the rod but caused by dropping it on the hard gas ring several weeks earlier.

since then I have had the top section replaced through tronix pro but also had the snapped section cut back by another inch and a new tip guide put on and will use the shorter section for bullying wrasse when I come home next summer.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks a million for that baitdigger all good info there. Well I should have the rod next week so will take it for a test run and see. Thanks to all who replied much appreciated.