Spinning setup advice.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi lads,new enough to fishing. Took it up in september and I don't think a week has gone by that I havn't been out fishing the east coast. Would like to try the lure fishing end of it now and am looking for a bit of advice. I'm willing to spend around E200 max for rod & reel,any ideas on whats good in that price range?

Re: Spinning setup advice.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

timod wrote:Hi lads,new enough to fishing. Took it up in september and I don't think a week has gone by that I havn't been out fishing the east coast. Would like to try the lure fishing end of it now and am looking for a bit of advice. I'm willing to spend around E200 max for rod & reel,any ideas on whats good in that price range?

There is a Mike Ladle surepin MK11 + a Shimano Stradic 4000 on sale here, give Dave a PM and see has he still got it for sale.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Brand new to the site so cant access the stuff for sale. Dave,if the gear is still for sale could you pm me the details?

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Try the Sea Angler Magazine website or Veals for the Mike Ladle surespin .ITS A GREAT ROD

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:21 pm

I had the savage gear bushwhacker 8 foot 10-40g and its a smashing rod. Got it from here http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models. ... elID=17534 and the service is excellent. I also had the shimano exage 4000 but with your budget id stretch to the shimano aernos with rust proof bearings from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-AERNOS- ... 19cc2c0be7. A super lightweight outfit that will handle any bass with ease. It cost 205 euro total includong postage but you wouldnt be making any mistakes there imho.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:47 pm

i got a bushwacker last year can not fault the rod great value 4 money. You can pick up a great reel for less then E100.If you can hang on and go to the Hooked Live show in the citywest dublin i'm sure you can get a good deal on both rod and reel.Tight Lines

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:16 pm

There is a Mike Ladle surepin MK11 + a Shimano Stradic 4000 on sale here, give Dave a PM and see has he still got it for sale.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback lads,gonna try and get my hands on the above setup.
Looks like a nice bit of gear.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Mus wrote: shimano aernos with rust proof bearings.

they r nt,all reels in range up to "aernos" has them...

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 am

oli wrote:

The bearings are made of stainless and they are "shielded" whatever that means.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:37 am

Mus wrote:
oli wrote:

The bearings are made of stainless and they are "shielded" whatever that means.

well,stainless bearings had most of reels,even the cheepest ones,one step up to "aernos" is reel called "technium" which has S-ABR(The original high corrosion resistant A-RB ball bearing with a shielding for improved protection and sealed lubrication),"aernos" has no that...(not saying "aernos" is a bad reel,thinking to get it myself :D ,simply diferent class for diferent money,and "aernos" is the best in them class,like a "technium" is the first step in highter class)

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:35 pm

timod wrote:There is a Mike Ladle surepin MK11 + a Shimano Stradic 4000 on sale here, give Dave a PM and see has he still got it for sale.

rod and reel was sold recently and tread locked viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37938