Louth/Meath Area

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Has anybody been having any luck anywhere along the Louth/Meath coast of late. Is it just me or is the fishing getting very poor. Have been out in all sorts of conditions, at all times of day and using a variety of baits but still nothing of note. All replies appreciated.

Re: Louth/Meath Area

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:05 am

Hi Holla, same as you mate, its been blank after blank in mark after mark. I have fished a lot of marks from dundalk to laytown and its been very poor with all types of baits, rigs and lures. Ballaghan Point to Whitestown hasnt been too bad but my usual marks between Annagassan and Baltray have been very poor. I had some flounders in Termonfecken a few weeks ago at night, but i have blanked about 8 times since, its the worst i have seen in years. I am hoping that the winter throws up a good few sessions because i'm starting to get peeved off getting soaked and cold on the beach at night. I might start heading to the antrim coastline again, but its double the journey and double the fuel..

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:29 pm

hard luck flynno - there are plenty of blanks all round the country this weather

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:37 pm

flyno wrote:Hi Holla, same as you mate, its been blank after blank in mark after mark. I have fished a lot of marks from dundalk to laytown and its been very poor with all types of baits, rigs and lures. Ballaghan Point to Whitestown hasnt been too bad but my usual marks between Annagassan and Baltray have been very poor. I had some flounders in Termonfecken a few weeks ago at night, but i have blanked about 8 times since, its the worst i have seen in years. I am hoping that the winter throws up a good few sessions because i'm starting to get peeved off getting soaked and cold on the beach at night. I might start heading to the antrim coastline again, but its double the journey and double the fuel..

Have not caught a thing since I was talking to you on the beach and that must be three or four weeks ago and all I got that day was a small crab. Have been out four or five times since and nothing.Starting to get very depressing. Blank after blank. Talking to two other anglers up round Dunany last week and they are having the same problems. As regards going further a field you certainly have to take in to account the time and the amount of fuel used I already have to travel 40 min just to get to Clogherhead/Port area and at the minute don't intend travelling much further. Hopefully the winter months might bring better luck.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:55 pm

I feel your pain Lads!

I've been trying Gormanston Beach for about four weeks now and not a thing. I had one Bassey bite and Missed it but other than that Nada.....

I told the Wife last night I was giving up... I think she's hoping!!!

I thought it was the conditions... No easterlys... but not sure now!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Lads,

Living in Bettystown and have been lure fishing from Bettystown down to Malahide without much luck this year. In total only managed to land 3 bass, The last 5 trips out were total blanks , fished between gormanstown and balbriggan last friday for 3 hours without so much as a bite!!! Plenty of big fat seals about so the f**ckers must be eating something.
It helps to hear that its not just me having little luck the past month, i have put the rod away till next spring as im fed up at the moment.

Heres hoping next year is the big one :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:03 pm

wobbie10 wrote: i have put the rod away till next spring as im fed up at the moment.

Heres hoping next year is the big one :lol:

Dont give up yet wobbie10, last winter i fished a lot of the marks that have let me down during this summer and had some great results with plenty of coalies, fat winter flounders and even 2 sea trout. Although the blanks are getting to me i will still keep hammering away and will check out some new marks. They have to be out there somewhere, just have to find the feckers... :roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 pm

In a weird sort of way its great to hear its not just me who is catching nothing. For the last few weeks I thought I was suddenly doing something wrong. However I have no intention of giving up and will continue to fish right through the winter months hopefully with better results. Cheers for all the posts