doggie3131 wrote:yes! :D :D :D

U getting anything ?

Re: Still fishing ?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:52 am

still plenty about ;)

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 am

Mus wrote:still plenty about ;)

Well that's encouraging. I haven't been able to get out for a couple of weeks now on account of combinations of work/tide/weather :cry:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 am

Got a few on Sunday :wink:

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Well I managed to get out today for the first time in about 3 weeks or so. I went up to my usual haunt at St.Johns Point in Donegal Bay. When I got there I almost turned around and came back because of the wind and high seas. But, hell I thought I'm here I may as well have a few throws.

After 15 minutes I was very surprised to get a nice Pollack. 1/2 hr later I had something else on and thought at first it was a Wrasse because of the violent take but very quickly realised I had something else on as it started to take my line away against the drag ! At first I thought I might have a seas trout on. Let me say here that I have fished up here for 3 yrs and never caught anything except Pollack and Wrasse.

Well 10 - 15 minutes later I was shocked, surprised and absolutely delighted to land a 7lb Sea Bass ! That's a first for me and so surprising.

My delight was only spoiled by the fact that a little while later my 3 months old M.Ladle 10/10 pro snapped - again ! That's the third one in 2 seasons :twisted: .

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Well done man, great result!

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:23 am

Still catching a few bass!!!