Poppers over deep water

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Are popper any good over deep water marks .if the mark is to deep will the popper draw the bass to the surface or is it a waste of time there is bass on the mark taking bait.. have tryed with the poppers but to be honest not much happening. if anyone has any ideas about what they think it would be great to know

Re: Poppers over deep water

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:47 pm

If its a deep water mark maybe a shallow or slow sinking lure will be better, although i have had bass with the yo-zuri popper over deep water, just try and make it splash as much as possible to get there attention.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:26 pm

i must admit iv never found poppers any good in water over 6 or 7 feet deep & i would say having the most sucess at about the 3 to 4 foot range & that's trying it in all types of terrain & conditions.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Patchinko will bring them up

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:23 pm

I haven't hit bass in deep water but I have got Pollock from 30ft of water but that's not to say that they were coming up from the bottom.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:59 am

I've had bass from 22ft of water. A bit of perseverance, technique, and the right conditions...poppers don't work all the time :wink: .