Kamakazi Pollack !

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

I had the funniest experience the other day. I had been fishing for a couple of hours on a fairly low tide with not an enquiry of any kind. I was starting to hit weed and thinking of heading home. I was winding in my lure thinking to call it a day, pulled my lure out of the water by about 2' and was about to turn away when the water exploded beneath my rod and out leaped a 2lb Pollack - cleared the 2' to my lure - grabbed it in mid-air and hooked itself !

That's the first time in my life I've caught a fish of any kind in mid-air !

Re: Kamakazi Pollack !

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:17 pm

well that dont happen to often guess he wanted the lure :shock: :shock:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 pm

davequirke@hotmail.com wrote:well that dont happen to often guess he wanted the lure :shock: :shock:

Always knew it was a good lure - caught loads with it - but didn't realise it was quite that attractive :shock:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:42 pm

seen something similar years ago ...a mate spinning, cast out and landed on a rock...seatrout jumped up and took the spinner clean off the rock

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 pm

'Flying Fish' for the specimen list ! lol

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm

i was out spinning for bass fishin last year with a popper & my line tangled & the line snappend,so as i was hauling the line by hand a bass of about 4lb took it,managed to get the fish in but me hands were'nt the better for it :cry: