kilty problems

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 pm

was out spinning today with a silver kilty was putin twitches and shakin it and all sorts and no sign of a fish as i was startin to get bored i just started to reel it in at a steady pace and straight away bass were comin right up to my feet swimming with the spinner and not touching it this happened at least 4 or 5 times what am i doin wrong y wont they bite

Re: kilty problems

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Nice steady retrive is all you want with the kilty mate,if you can see a bass floowing it just stop reeling for a second or two and the kilty will flutter back then start reeling again instant strike FISH ON! good luck with it 8)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 pm

nice 1 ill giv it a shot next time i always keep reeling

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:05 pm

You don't need to twitch and shake a kilty at all. It is a sink and draw lure, it is designed to do all the work if you do this. Good luck.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 am

might be some help to you here guy http://www.probassfisher.com/search/lab ... 20-%20bass

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 pm

i like kiltys i sometimes walk the dog with them making a good old splash on the surface then sink and draw ,that splashing about seems to wake up any fish close by :lol: got a mullet on one once :shock:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Is this the same as when feathering for mackerel? ie should i lift the rod tip then reel in the slack and keep repeating? also, just wondering if using braid when doing this would the slack in the line cause problems?
Richie07 wrote:You don't need to twitch and shake a kilty at all. It is a sink and draw lure, it is designed to do all the work if you do this. Good luck.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 pm

YES! AND NO! 8)

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Cheers, was retrieving and twitching it also so will try this