any fish anywhere lure fishing rod...broken

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Ok lads.
anyone have any problems with an any fish anywhere lure rods??? Broke mine last weekend while landing a fish...landed it like many others just waiting for a wave to bring the fish in from a rock platform...solid pressure...fight over...fish on the surface coming in then....bang...rod snaps at the mid section (strongest point).... :x
(the rod didn't touch anything while bent over...and not an extream angle and was pulling the fish in with the rod high ish and to my left)...
my buddy also had one break real easy when it landed softly on a boulder (he fell over...again the mid section and NOT the top)
What the feck???? bloody expensive rods....never happened any of my so called budget rods??
I'm just reallly pi55ed off about it...would like to hear from other owners...
thanks
Barra

Re: any fish anywhere lure fishing rod...broken

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:58 pm

by the way twas a small fish of about 3.5 LB which I landed by wrapping the braid around my (jacketed arm) and lifted out of the water so i could unhook him and send him back on his way....still mad about it... de rod that is

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 pm

sorry to hear about your rod,,,if it was a snapper sonik i could understand,,,hope you get help on this

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:22 pm

hi luanaigh strange it went at what should be the strong spot did you have it long :?:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 am

had it about two months,,,so tis new

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:22 am

sure you already have or are about bring it back to the shop where you got it havnt heard of many of those breaking, pricey enough aswell, im using a shinjin that was broken at the tip so its a bit stiffer now but well usable

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:08 pm

yea seanie...the lads in Henry's really helped me out and to be honest with you are a real pleasure to deal with...No problems when they saw the clean break and also its position....maybe I was unlucky but I would have had no confidence in that rod anymore...so I got a refund and the lads will be onto anyfish anywhere to sort it out.
Thank again to Pat and Henry for helping me out...top guys and know they're fishing too :D

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi barra,
Sorry to hear about the rod. Paul my mate has just bought one and i was going to get one aswell but i think i'll have a rethink now. last year i used a grauvell 8ft rod but found it was too short especially when your stood on a big rock and your high above the water you cant get the lure to work correctly. Think i'll try there 10ft version this year.hope you get sorted with a new rod. see you in sept.

Mark.