Megabass Zonk Gataride 120mm

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 pm

I was out plugging the other day i got talking to this guy who was using the above lure he said it was his number one lure and catches him a lot of Bass although he blanked that day. Has anyone else here used this lure and how would you rate it?
Anto.

Re: Megabass Zonk Gataride 120mm

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm

A bit of reading here on it
http://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog/2009_r ... _lure.html

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Super lure mate cast like a bullet i wouldin leave the house without a few of them;-)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:32 pm

it would want to at that price.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 am

Its a very expensive lure alright, I did invest in one this year but have yet to catch on it. The bib at the front of the lure is well known as a weak point, as it has a hinge on it and can break after a few collisions with rocks. If anyone has tips on best type of action to use on this lure I'd be interested to hear also.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:27 am

...and here's one I prepared earlier....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:32 am

The gataride is a superb lure, especially from the boat. There are two versions; can't remember the names, hi-pitch and yo-yoru I think. In any case the version with the rounded bib runs shallower and is probably more suited to the shore; although, there are venues where both can be used with ease. The bib can break so be careful, but it can be fixed. Somewhere on Graham Hill's blog he has a post which outlines how you can repair it when this happens.

I'd rate it as one of my best lures. Last year I had my best lure caught fish on it of 9.5lbs. This year I've had fish upto 8lbs on the gataride so far.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:55 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_8Mcq2C3xY

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks lads I will have to invest in one.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:35 pm

I wouldn't be doing what is advised in that video.

Yes the bib is fragile but they are a very good lure. They are not designed for the type of fishing we do which is why so many break. They do work and I find them best fished in confused white water but they do work at other times.
I find cranking it hard through the water then allow it to surface works for me. Fish it right to the end but allow it surface just before you lift from the water....fish hit it hard here.
Bibs WILL break and they are expensive but if that bothers you dont buy one in the beginning.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:43 am

I have Zonk few months, so far caught sea trout on it and I had a contact with the bass. Daiwa Saltiga and Rapala MaxRap is No. 1 for me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:25 pm

id have pi**ed meself laughing if he had caught his finger there :lol: :lol: , looks like he was in the back of a tackle shop or something trying to boost his sales

he was only blessed he didnt get badly caught there :lol: :lol: