How is your fishing going ?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm just wondering how everyone's fishing is going this year ? So far I have to say that I am really disappointed. I've had a few nice 3 - 4lb Pollack but I'm usually drawing blanks :(

Re: How is your fishing going ?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Poor here in Portnoo/Rosbeg. Small mackeral, half dozen or so per session. Pollock not biting over the last week. Water Too Cold!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Just back after a couple of hours SWFF at my local mark sheepland co down had one small pollack conditions were perfect but the fishing was extremly poor.. :cry:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:24 am

Just recently conditions have been perfect here and yet despite that I am catching zero - except a couple of tiddlers the other day. Out yet again yesterday and yet again not so much as a sniff. Tides are a good height and at good times when I would normally expect fish. I'm out again for this evening's tide....... not too optimistic on recent form :roll:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:03 pm

very tough here at times and then it sparkles into life for a short period - !

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:31 pm

*.Where are you fishing Flynn?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Queequeg wrote:*.Where are you fishing Flynn?

Donegal Bay.

Sill warm and calm today, HT @ 9.00pm so I'm hoping I might get some action........

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Very quiet. What's the water temp on the east coast now does anyone know?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 am

Well I did go out last night, and got x3 Pollack = x2 around 1 1/2lb and 1 @ 2 1/2 lb + x2 Wrasse @ around 3lb. Lost about 4 or 5 for some reason.

I seemed to have hit a spot where they were feeding like mad on Sandeel. Every time I pulled a fish out fresh Sandeel were pouring out of their mouths but when I gutted them they were not in the gut. I seemed to have hit lucky with the right spot at the right time. Between 7.30 and around 8.00 pm just about every time I cast I was getting a hit. Then it all stopped :cry:

Got them all on a shallow diving LSD lure. I have one kind of sardine coloured which is my favourite at the moment because it usually produces when fish are about. They cast like a dream.

Conditions were slightly choppy last night with a bit of a swell and a lot of surf, unlike recently. Don't know if the surf was churning up the Sandeel ?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:18 am

Fishing from Greystones:
Fishing here has been alright for me from the new harbour piers and the rocks.Caught a couple of small pollack but there are tons of dogfish the place is plagued with them at the moment.So far this summer my best catch was a 3lb coalfish off the pier using a 2 hook rig with 1/0 hooks and lug as bait.