Surface lures do the biz....

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:02 am

While out on a lure session tonight I gave a few surface lures an airing...and had a result. This is my first one off the top this season. The earliest I've had bass off the top before has been April, but that was in Kerry. This is the earliest I've had them on my own patch :D . Five minutes before landing this fella I had a hook up with another fish but after a spirited fight it threw the hooks. It'll be surface lures all the way from here on in :D :D :D !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Surface lures do the biz....

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:42 am

Cheers pat! What part of the country was that? South? Water temps have been good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Surface lures do the biz....

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 am

People's Republic....

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:51 am

Temps are between 11C and 12C

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:12 am

Nice going there Pat, still a little early down here for the surface lures, couple of weeks time though and that will change.Fair play to ye 8) 8)

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:32 am

Well done love to see the bass being tricked to into a bit of plastic :lol: :lol: crackin fish pal

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:53 am

Nice one!

Edit: Based on recent postings.... was it Danny or Pat that had the fish :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Well i'm glad to see your back fishing and you didn't stick with the golf for too long :lol: . Nice fish and fair play on getting him off the top.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:32 pm

JimC wrote:Nice one!

Edit: Based on recent postings.... was it Danny or Pat that had the fish :D :D :D :D :D :D

C,mon, has Danny ever caught a bass on a lure (let alone a surface lure)? I know Sandra has but I'm not sure about Danny :lol: .

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:02 am

Pat wrote:
JimC wrote:Nice one!

C,mon, has Danny ever caught a Bass on a lure (let alone a surface lure)? I know Sandra has but I'm not sure about Danny :lol: .

Don't mention the Cork Small Boats comp :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:26 am

Oops...don't mention the war :oops: .

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:57 am

I’ll have you all know that I’m... oops, I mean, Danny is the current Cobh International Champion. I’m... oops again, I mean, He is also one of the better anglers in Cobh SAC. I... shite, another typo, He would have done better in the Small Boats Festival if he could have gotten a decent crew. And by the way - What's a surface lure? :D :D

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

Ah Danny.... Use your own log-in in future :D :D