New 2011 Shimano Technium

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Apologies if this is old news but anyone who is in the market for a new mid priced reel there is now a new 2011 Technium. I don't know all the differences but the new model does have a roller bearing. The details are on the Shimano website and I think I have seen some U.K. retailers already offering them for sale. I'm not sure about the Irish dealers but I'm sure they could at least order one if they don't already have them. Here's a link to the new reel http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/cont ... um_fc.html

Re: New 2011 Shimano Technium

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry the link on my original post should work now. If not just go to the Shimano U.K. website.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Henry's has them €155. i have the older model grand little reel.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 pm

If you can afford the extra money the Shimano Rarenium seems to be the reel of choice for 2010/2011. People seem to love them, I suppose only time will tell if they will cope well on the wear and tear front, seem a lovely reel though. For those who want to save a little cash maybe the new Technium will be an improvement on the older version. There might also be some deals to be had on the older model Technium if people are interested and willing to haggle! I'm very happy with my U.S. version of the Shimano Stradic for the foreseeable future even though it first came out a few years ago.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 am

Had a Technium for two years and traded up to a Rarenium last year, both reels are diamond , the Rarenium is a good bit lighter and I can't fault it, but obviously a little pricier, if you are moving about and fishing for long periods I would recommend the rarenium. Just my tuppence worth!

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 pm

love the old version so much been trying to get spare spools for it but failing. have to check out the newer version as looks pretty tasty.