Re: How much punishment can a Lure Rod take??

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:38 am

Brilliant 8)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Amazing Danny. Some experience that like.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:02 pm

excellent stuff mate. 10/10 for perseverance. would absolutely love a trip like that. i think the sale of them rods are gonna take a slight increase :)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:46 pm

My screen not great was the fish foul hooked?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:34 pm

:)

Aye Pat, was hooked in the front quarter. Its a common problem when using those wiggler lures.
The Lures move so erratically and fast, the fish miss them with there mouth and get hooked up about the head or under belly. Lost a lot of fish because of this up there.

Danny.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 pm

my da always says if its foul hooked it doesnt count :wink:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:15 pm

fair play lads great return for the effort of the trip great add for them rods :shock: and reels well worth the wait for the report lad 8) 8)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 pm

A lot more difficult to play a fish hooked like that you have no control overit and plays like a fish nearly twice its weight. Fair play for landing it! pat

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Well done - that's an absolutely fantastic fish and an excellent video. Your man in the commentary box did a good job too!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 am

Excellent work its like fishing heaven 8) 8)

How much punishment can a Lure Rod take??

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Nice one lads, love fishing a light setup on a boat, last year I got a 3 spurdog (2 specimen) on a 9' spinning rod with 15lbs braid and 10lbs leader!!! This year I might try for tope on same setup!!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Thats super Danny great video and most of all fantastic fish :wink:.Your mate had me in stitches 'Loosen the drag off there and will get the bita noise outa the reel'Instant classic :lol:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 pm

saltydog wrote:Excellent work its like fishing heaven 8) 8)

Cheers Conor, it sure felt like it !

patk wrote:A lot more difficult to play a fish hooked like that you have no control overit and plays like a fish nearly twice its weight. Fair play for landing it! pat

Yeah Pat, it was hard fishing trying to control it, especially when it nearly took all my line in one run. Counting my lucky stars so I was !

pajo wrote:Well done - that's an absolutely fantastic fish and an excellent video. Your man in the commentary box did a good job too!

Ah sure they have the gift of the gab !

stevecrow74 wrote:Nice one lads, love fishing a light setup on a boat, last year I got a 3 spurdog (2 specimen) on a 9' spinning rod with 15lbs braid and 10lbs leader!!! This year I might try for tope on same setup!!

I seen that Steve, I was fair envious ! I say that was some craic on the gear you were using :D

steyrman wrote:fair play lads great return for the effort of the trip great add for them rods :shock: and reels well worth the wait for the report lad 8) 8)

Ah lad the full report is up there now if you want to have a look :

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33125