Any Chance?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi all im heading down to wexford saturday and was just woundering is there any hope of pollok on lure a this time?

Re: Any Chance?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 pm

youngfisher wrote:Hi all im heading down to wexford saturday and was just woundering is there any hope of pollok on lure a this time?

Give it a go for sure, I put a spinning report up in Shore Angling Reports last night. Just one thing I would say to you, dont be too disappointed if you dont get anything in the first hour, take a break, go for a walk, do something for a wee while and then start to fish again with renewed optimism. As the tide and conditions change throughout the day spells of activity can happen.

If youre going to known pollack rock mark, give it a few chances to produce fish and dont give up after 1 blast at it. The fish can appear for a while and then go away again, you just have to be fishing when they are in your bit of water. Fish deep and slow, if youre snagging the seaweed you are fishing right.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Re: Any Chance?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Cheers mate for the reply il post up my results

Any Chance?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:32 pm

We had one trolling a couple of weeks ago in cork - but we were within 20yds of the shore so easily in spinning range. Good luck to you anyway.