Flatties on SP's

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 am

I know there have been posts in the past - just wondering if anyone has some more info on it - tackle, techniques, type of locations..interested in targeting something other than bass on SP's this time of year from the shore.

Conor

Re: Flatties on SP's

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Have a look here, lots of info.

http://ecoastfishing.blogspot.com/2010/05/lure-flatties.html

I only got set-up for this kind of ultra light lure fishing this year but I'm already really looking forward to having a go at the flatties and amongst other species with lures this year.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:56 pm

great site....gotta try that,flounder on plastics..who would have thunk it ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Flatties on SP's

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:25 pm

I remember seeing this last year and thought no way!? But it is possible and as he says it's great fun on light tackle!! I'm hoping to get the jig heads out soon to chance it..

Conor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 pm

They say you never stop learning ....lads I think we have to up our game somewhat :shock:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:04 pm

I have a friend who caught a flounder on a small stinger type lure.
He was reeling the lure in along the bottom.Goodluck :D

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Tazmainen devils have done the job for me in the past for flounder although i havent fished that way for flats for awhile but they do work :wink:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:41 pm

last year i was fishing for bass of a rock mark i know and i hooked a flounder on a xlayer. very supprised

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:21 pm

patdoyle wrote:last year i was fishing for Bass of a rock mark i know and i hooked a flounder on a xlayer. very supprised

me fork is gone in the wheelie bin :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Wow that's some impressive flounder fishing on lures , great blog article, fair play.