Hooked on Bass by Alan Vaughan & Mike Ladle

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:26 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Hooked-Bass-Alan- ... =8-1-spell

Just ordered in a copy in my local book store €22. Cannot wait to get home from work and have a read - anyone else have it? am i in for a treat?!

Conor

Re: Hooked on Bass by Alan Vaughan & Mike Ladle

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:32 pm

This is a lovely book a real little gem full of interesting info. Makes great winter night reading and will hopefully inspire you for your future trips. A lot of nice photos ( unfortunately some of very big dead bass) but one has to bear in mind this was first published when conservation wasnt high on peoples priorities. 'Sea Angling with the Specimen Hunters' edited by Hugh Stoker, first published in 1977 by Ernest Benn Limited another great book.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 pm

I have it as well, €22 very well spent for the amount of times you will dip in and out of it.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 pm

really useful book and one that I keep going back to unlike some books which never see the light of day again after the initial read.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:21 pm

still known as the bass anglers bible great read

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Great read! it will have you itching to get out there when the water gets warmer.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Did anyone every try fishing for bass with small wrasse as in the book?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:07 pm

jd wrote:Did anyone every try fishing for Bass with small wrasse as in the book?

Nope as I thought it would be more suited to rocky marks. Most east coast(Dublin) spots are sandy and razor works best for me.

I have this book if anyone would like it. I'm clearing out stuff at the moment so it will probably end up in a charity shop.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Book has been taken lads. Cheers.

Conor

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 pm

jd wrote:Did anyone every try fishing for Bass with small wrasse as in the book?

I've used small wrasse livebaited when I fished a charter out of Newhaven in England about 10 years ago. Deadly method. It's a favourite of the commercial line catchers, too.