interesting...

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 pm

http://www.mikeladle.com/tackle/tackle236.html

might get the soldering iron out!!

conor

Re: interesting...

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Keith white from jersey bass guides if I remember correctly talked about this in detail on his site recently and I think he was not so convinced on this alteration.

I myself have not tried it so cant give you a honest view about it. Will I try it? I dont think so as I dont feel the need to do this. Plenty of sp's on the market now. Only my opinion though.

Let us know how it goes for you though.

interesting...

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:11 pm

New tactics are always worth trying out. Sometimes the most unconventional and unconvincing lures will surprise! I think the main reason for doing such a change as seen in the link is to improve the action. From using slug gos they tend to require alot of work to generate a realistic swim, not that it's a complaint, but by alternating the tail of the plastic in order to imitate a more realistic tail action I think is a worthwhile experiment. I'll let you know how it goes..if I get out in this snow :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:24 am

The tailed homemade slug-gos will catch plenty of bass that goes without saying. I use slug-gos a good bit and with good results and I find in relation to the action that less is more...I tend to let the tide do most of the work with them.

Good luck with it look forward to seeing bass reports 8)

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 am

Experimentation is good but modifying a Slug - go in such a way wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Ger is bang on the money with:

gd wrote:I find in relation to the action that less is more...I tend to let the tide do most of the work with them.

It is a very underated SP in Ireland from people Ive spoken too.

Best of luck with the modification & get a few pics up if its successful.

Danny.