best tides

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Im new to lure fishing and i am just wondering what the best tides are for lure fishing. Any help would be great, cheers.

Re: best tides

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:07 am

there is no good and bad tides mate every where fishes at differ times of the tide the only way to find out is to get out and do it yourself 8)

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm afraid the above post is correct, you'll just have to head down to a spot you think will fish well and learn it. You could say it part of the fun. Although hours spent fishing useless spots wasn't much fun, then again I could have missed something. Certain marks seem to fish well for me others seem to go well for different anglers. Ask around most people will help out.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:24 pm

thanks for the answers lads.Ill have to go out and try few marks then. :)

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi

It depends what you are fishing for.

If its bass that you are after you need to focus your fishing on the spring tides. You get these tides twice in the month for about 4 days before and 4 days after both the new and full moons. Google moon phases to identify these periods and then look at your tide book for timings in your area.

There are other optimum times/tides but if you concentrate on these periods you will see your catch rates improve.

A

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 pm

thanks for the advice lure fisher :)