Number of Lure Changes

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi guys,

How often would you change lures during a an hours fishing? Sure, if you catch somtheing in the first 10minutes you'll stay on that lure, but if nothing is happening how long would you wait?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Number of Lure Changes

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 pm

markl wrote:Hi guys,

How often would you change lures during a an hours fishing? Sure, if you catch somtheing in the first 10minutes you'll stay on that lure, but if nothing is happening how long would you wait?

Thanks,
Mark

howdy mark speaking for myself only ive started changing lures alot lately during sessions but its just a bit of a confidence booster to be honest. i only carry about 5-6 lures at a time in a pencil case and i know the characteristics of each lure fairly well and each one does it a bit different , 1 gets down :lol: , 2 gets really down, 3 swims very shallow ,another is just annoying does it all, and a few soft plastics to mess about with. to me the first assesment to be made is water clarity this then dictates what depth im going to start off with but more often then not it all gets chucked out the window and i will try them all anyways :D

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks Seanie,

Out at the weekend,the art of the lure went out the window and went through the 5-6 lures I had brought along......no luck. I'll buy another 4-5 at the weekend and see how that goes.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 pm

hi,
fishing for bass i usualy start off on a surface lure,after covering an area or two,i try fish slightly under the surface usualy plugs that go to less the 5 feet,after that i would move to spoons,wedges,minnows and fish a little deeper yet still get to fish the surface, this gives the chance of a pollack or wrasse aswell
only uses 4 to 7 lures in 4 or 5 hours, sometimes more sometimes less:)