Moving to Cork...

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi All,

I am moving to Cork city next month for a year. I was just wondering if any of you knew of any decent spots for lure fishing for Bass from the shore in the area, (must also accessible via public transport!).

I know it's a long shot, as from what I can gather the harbour e.g. Cobh is more of a boat venue. However, any pointers would be greatly appreciated; I'm not after anyone's specific hotspots, just general areas that might be worth trying.

Please pm me if you wish.

Many thanks,

W

Re: Moving to Cork...

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Divisadero wrote:Hi All,

I am moving to Cork city next month for a year.

W

Comiserations what did you do to deserve that? :mrgreen: Come on the dubs Sunday

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 am

The beaches in east cork ain't bad. Having to get public transport could be your biggest issue though. I suppose Youghal could be your best bet, since its probably one of the more major towns on the coast. Other spots along east are small town's/villages and I'd say the bus service wouldn't be as good.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 am

bigsod wrote:Comiserations what did you do to deserve that? :mrgreen: Come on the dubs Sunday

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shut up ya langer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02 am

a lot of the villages and towns in east and west cork will be serviced by busses but how often they are i dont know. most of the beaches in east cork would be more than walking distance from the villages anyway but west cork might not be too bad.
buy a travel rod and a bike. pop the bike in the boot of the bus and cycle from the villages. the train is running to middleton from the city centre. most of the east cork beaches would be within cycling distance from here.
Last edited by red on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:32 am

stay where you are unless you like nets :evil: