cheap versus pricey

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:50 pm

a few times i have bought lures off ebay some ultra cheap and some more expensive lures but kind of have a 12 euro threshhold that will not be overcome. if i did pay over 20 yoyos for a lure i would probably stick it on the mantlepiece im that tight, theres never really a week goes by that theres not some sort of package from the postman and i have bought some awfull tat from china but every now and again i get a bit of good value like these babys http://cgi.ebay.com/FISHING-Tackle-Minn ... ltDomain_0 , ima alikes , 125mm...14g not bad for $3.69 shipping included . will give them a trial see how they go 8)

Re: cheap versus pricey

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:44 am

[quote="seanie35"]if i did pay over 20 yoyos for a lure i would probably stick it on the mantlepiece im that tight http://cgi.ebay.com/FISHING-Tackle-Minn ... ltDomain_0 , ima alikes , 125mm...14g not bad for $3.69 shipping included . will give them a trial see how they go 8)[/quote :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant! Just had a look at these and had to get one myself thanks for sharing. I'll let you know how I get on
Tommy

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Couldnt resist ordering a few of those (& others)Seanie... It does my head in when I loose the pricey ones, and it generally happens on the days I blank :evil:

Ive had great success on cheapo toby copies in one particular place and I can never seem to catch a fish there on expensive lures. :?:
Its nice to have a few cheap ones in the bag for snaggy spots you might'nt risk a pricey one.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:11 am

heres another a bit pricier but similar quality/design is normally over the 20 euro mark http://cgi.ebay.com/DUEL-Aile-MG-DB-Die ... ltDomain_0

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:47 am

great site sean ,some nice lures and great prices :P :P

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:25 pm

heres another along the ima alike type again a bit pricier but look good anyone got one 8) http://cgi.ebay.com/ALIVE-CASTING-SPELL ... ltDomain_0

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:16 pm

using these for years.....
http://www.wsftackle.com/acatalog/divin ... hard.shtml
Great Price at 3 for 2!

6lb Bass on one last Sat Morning...... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:18 pm

nice bass mate,how high up in the water do they be and were you near a beach and what depth were ya fishing thanks,id love to catch a bass but dont know where to start looking

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 pm

O.K. :shock:
:D
Buy three of these lures.... go out at low tide and find some rough rocky weedy coast line..a place where you think you might loose lures.
Now i use 15lb low dia. line and an 11ft rod..but thats another topic! :)
look to find a spot you think you can fish safely and cast in various directions... 180 deg arc.
you must find the fish. :shock:
If you dont hit a fish in an hour or less.... move on to the next spot you think might catch...
Always try to keep a low profile (duck down )
and try the same spots over and over..
move around!!!
keep notes on when you caught.. and experiment ....
good luck mate!
Half the fun is being out! :wink:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:28 am

very good info dunner

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 am

You can catch em at low or high water, it depends on the venue.
So the only way to find out is to try.
Also wear polaroid glasses and always approach the fishing spot with a level of stealth.
I have scared away more bass than i ever caught! :lol:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 pm

dunner wrote:O.K. :shock:
:D
Buy three of these lures.... go out at low tide and find some rough rocky weedy coast line..a place where you think you might loose lures.
Now i use 15lb low dia. line and an 11ft rod..but thats another topic! :)
look to find a spot you think you can fish safely and cast in various directions... 180 deg arc.
you must find the fish. :shock:
If you dont hit a fish in an hour or less.... move on to the next spot you think might catch...
Always try to keep a low profile (duck down )
and try the same spots over and over..
move around!!!
keep notes on when you caught.. and experiment ....
good luck mate!
Half the fun is being out! :wink:

hey ya left the moon out 8)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:20 pm

[/quote]
hey ya left the moon out 8)[/quote]
What... you want a picture of my arse?
:shock: Sorry mate... :roll:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Had a look at those lures tonight with Seanie.. in the flesh so to speak.. and the due aile mg looks and moves really well in the water 8) the others aren't half bad either ...with the "recession" in full swing would deffo recommend these. :D

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 am

dunner wrote:

hey ya left the moon out 8)[/quote]
What... you want a picture of my arse?
:shock: Sorry mate... :roll:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: your very quick to be talking about photos of your ass are ya sure your on the right site :lol: :twisted:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:57 pm

declan65 wrote:Had a look at those lures tonight with Seanie.. in the flesh so to speak.. and the due aile mg looks and moves really well in the water 8) the others aren't half bad either ...with the "recession" in full swing would deffo recommend these. :D

You guys have any luck with these lures ?

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:40 pm

syboit wrote:
declan65 wrote:Had a look at those lures tonight with Seanie.. in the flesh so to speak.. and the due aile mg looks and moves really well in the water 8) the others aren't half bad either ...with the "recession" in full swing would deffo recommend these. :D

You guys have any luck with these lures ?

lost a fish on the dual aile the other evening and another guy off this site has had a few fish in kerry on the first lure mentioned on the post.....heres one from today on a dexter wigglestick 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:49 pm

I recognise that fish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , definitely got the bass mojo back Seanie 8)

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 am

seanie35 wrote:.....heres one from today on a dexter wigglestick 8)

nice pic, thanks for the update :)