Teklon Concept 802 Lure Rod

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Was just in Southside Angling in Dublin at lunchtime and they have a batch of these rods just in. I snapped one up. They are beautiful in the hand and Henry Gilbey has been raving about them.
Have a look. Now for the Rarenium.......

Colm

Re: Teklon Concept 802 Lure Rod

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Colm wrote:Was just in Southside Angling in Dublin at lunchtime and they have a batch of these rods just in. I snapped one up. They are beautiful in the hand and Henry Gilbey has been raving about them.
Have a look. Now for the Rarenium.......

Colm

And a good choice of rod it is too. I think it's on par / better that the Tenryu Supermix I own and went onto to buy a Teklon 702 as well.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:11 am

Smashing Rod and once you pair it up with the Rarenium you will have an excellent set-up, enjoy.
Looks almost too pretty to use, I wanted to mount the rod and reel above the fireplace, :oops:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:06 pm

An excellent rod, I have it paired with a rarenium and it makes for a great balanced piece of kit!

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Purchased this rod recently, myself. Find it excellent to use, still to "christen it", though.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:34 pm

I had a look at the Teklon Concept last time I was in Southside too, lovely rods and if I hadn't already got a Sakura Rookie I'd probably get one myself. I have to say though, its great to see the lads in Southside getting some nice lure fishing gear and lures in. As for the Rarenium, I got the smaller 2500 one recently and I have to say that its a beautiful little reel. Its absolutely feather light and comes with a spare spool too which is very handy. I've got mine spooled up with 10lb and 20lb Daiwa Tournament 8 strand braid and its quickly become my favourite reel. They ain't designed for salt water use though so take care of them, rinse them in fresh water and all that.