good Bass lure

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi, what would be the best lure for Bass?

Re: good Bass lure

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 pm

freeliner wrote:Hi, what would be the best lure for Bass?

I will let you know on Saturday because i'm going to use most of them.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Kiltys are good seem to catch bass for everyone who uses them, in silver, blue, blue/silver, black/silver, orange :) also tobys are classics same colours as kiltys hope this helps

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 pm

the yo-zuri mag popper is very good and any of the abu lures work great

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:23 am

Sadly there's no single lure that does the biz at all times and in all conditions. Sometimes you need a deep diver sometimes a sub-surface sometimes a popper, and so on and so on. And a lure that works well in one place may not be the best somewhere else. Thats why most of us carry a fair selection of stuff and decide whats the "best" for that day and spot when we're standing in front of the water. Thats fishing! :D

I'd agree that the Kilties are a good one to start off your collection.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:56 am

Id have to agree, one lure doesn't always work altought the kilty is a great fish catcher alright an inexpensive too. I'd look into geting a couple of different types of lures namely some metals (kilty, toby), subsurface (maria chase, feedshallow), mid diver (maybe a yo zuri mag minnow or something like that) and possibly a surface lure (chugbug sammy etc). I think they are generally speaking inexpensive lures and proven fish catchers.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:03 am

My number one - Slipper 11 cm. Number two - Daiwa Saltiga 14,5 cm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:22 am

tommy e wrote:My number one - Slipper 11 cm. Number two - Daiwa Saltiga 14,5 cm.

What is that in the photo?? a bass or is it a lure ?? looks amazing :)

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:57 pm

wilky83 wrote:
tommy e wrote:My number one - Slipper 11 cm. Number two - Daiwa Saltiga 14,5 cm.

What is that in the photo?? a Bass or is it a lure ?? looks amazing :)

Bass and Slipper ;-)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 am

Sweet is that photo shopped or sumthin??

If the OP is after soft plastics try berkley gup sandeels had good results recently :)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 am

One more photo from yesterday. Amazing season !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 am

What area of the country is that in? South I suppose.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Hugo wrote:What area of the country is that in? South I suppose.

Kerry :D

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Compared to here, its always an amazing season in Kerry :evil:

I was looking at those slipper lures on the Westpoint site and wondering. Not much in the way of Bass round me at the moment, but plenty sea trout. Might get a few of the smaller slippers now that I've seen your testimony. What other lures have you used that you reckon they compete with or outfish?

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Those slippers look interesting. Where did you buy them?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Hugo wrote:Compared to here, its always an amazing season in Kerry :evil:

I was looking at those slipper lures on the Westpoint site and wondering. Not much in the way of Bass round me at the moment, but plenty sea trout. Might get a few of the smaller slippers now that I've seen your testimony. What other lures have you used that you reckon they compete with or outfish?

90% - Slipper (small and big) and Saltiga (14,5) the rest is Sammy, Mag Popper and small Saltiga. I bought the last few Rapala MaxRap, looks interesting :-)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:13 pm

tommy, which saltiga are you talking about? the minnow or the pencil popper with the open gills? also which colours do you use in both slipper and saltiga?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:46 pm

inigo wrote:tommy, which saltiga are you talking about? the minnow or the pencil popper with the open gills? also which colours do you use in both slipper and saltiga?

Saltiga Minnow Laser Sardine, Slipper balck and olive - my favorite colours.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:24 am

Rapala MaxRap is O.K. :-)

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:38 pm

it all seems very easy in kerry! you`d probably catch em on bare hooks down there :lol: (just jealous cos dublin is the worst kip for fishin ever)