Casting Spinners & what fish

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 am

how can I lengthen my spinner cast? i have a 35g, 50g,55g spinners. Also what fish could a small silver spinner get me besides mack?

Re: Casting Spinners & what fish

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 am

if you use braid with its thiner diameter you will get longer casts as long as you have your reel loaded corectly.You will get pollack macks sea trout and the odd bass on the spinner maybe mullet if you bait it also.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:12 pm

husshunter wrote:if you use braid with its thiner diameter you will get longer casts as long as you have your reel loaded corectly.You will get pollack macks sea trout and the odd Bass on the spinner maybe mullet if you bait it also.

Cheers :)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:52 pm

I have a 9 foot Cormoran Bull fighter spinning rod which i have coupled up with a Shimano 6000 bait runner holding light long casting 15lb mono. This set up is strong enough to send out a set of feathers with a 2 oz weight approx 100 meters. If I'm using a 25g-35g spinner it will cast about 80 meters. I have bigger, stronger and stiffer rods that wouldn't be able to cast feathers/spinners anywhere near those distances. It's also a great set up to catch a fish on. :)