need some help with lures

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey all,

i'm arriving to ireland on mid of august and gonna stay around for 2 months and after i failed to catch anything last year(only tried twice i think and got 1 small mackerel) i'm gonna try harder this year, i have a rhino universe 12 ft. spinning rod with cw of 1/3-2 oz. now i intend to bring some of the lures im using in my home country as well and i need you guys to tell me which ones you think will be good.

oh btw im gonna fish around robers cove, rocky bay and ownahincha but if you know any better places around that area i'll make sure to check them out(will be staying over douglas, cork co.)

here some of my tw lures with some spinners, diving and jerkbait lures: (you can find there the rapala skitter walk, heddon super spook, r2s bubble pop, bubble pen and a jerkbait minnow, ecogear premium mw125, dual, yo-zuri pins minnows and etc.)

thanks,
omer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: need some help with lures

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Welcome to SAI, omercier. Nice looking selection of lures there. Bring them all. :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:05 pm

They are all good lures for here, bass, pollack etc.
You need to find some good marks and fish at the right time, a high tide from 9pm to midnight is my fav this time of year..

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:12 am

yeah unfortunately the tide is something completely strange to me, not a lot of tide in the mediterranean sea :)
would august & september consider to be stable with all that got to do with weather? or you just never know and one day could be calm and the other could be stormy?

9 till midnight? haha im not sure the combination of darkness+rocks+places i dont know would be good for my health :mrgreen: any good times at dawn ?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:51 pm

hi omercier,

That's a nice selection of lures and I think many if not all would be effective at certain marks along the south coast. August and September are two of the best months of the year for lure fishing in my opinion, weather-wise August can be pretty mixed but September often is quite nice with what we call an 'Indian Summer' (1 or 2 weeks of settled warm'ish weather).

Some lure fishing marks around Cork are quite safe even when it is getting dark with street lamps not far away (send me a PM if you like for more info), and yes dawn can be a very good time to try also.