Which fish?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 am

Which fish will take lures? What fish has everyone caught on a lure?

Re: Which fish?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:56 am

The usual macks, pollack, coalies, bass, sea trout to name a few.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks for that mate.

Answers my question.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:10 pm

ive seen wrasse caught on the lure

but it was while spinning for pollack - just get very agressive at times protecting their turf i guess

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks for that info too, hopefully i can catch some wrasse too.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Wrasse will take lures alright, I've actually been targeting them recently with small soft plastics and had a few and a little red cod. I'm still very much getting to grips with this kind of fishing but I plan on scaling my gear right down to see what other species I could target on lures.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 pm

What do you mean by scale it down to see what other species you can get?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Basically much smaller lures 1" - 3" soft plastics, equally small jigheads and lighter line etc. As I say I'm only beginning to try this type of fishing and still very much getting my head around it but the problem I'm having at the moment is that the spinning gear I'm currently using is my bass set up and its just too heavy to fish these little lures the way I intend to. So I'm looking and getting a much lighter set up, possibly something along the lines of a rod rated for 1-10g or there abouts and light braid of maybe 10lb or so. I'm thinking of targeting other species like flounder on lures and trying to continue lure fishing through the winter. It might work, it might not but I'm sure it'll be a bit of fun either way.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Garfih also, very surprising when you catch one!!

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 pm

yea had a wrasse on a shallow diving plug in france...

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Had Flounder on a little green lure.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:55 pm

I had flounder on lures too, and a whiting :shock: