bass lures

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:31 pm

what is the best type of bass lure to use from the shore?

Re: Bass lures

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Pretty subjective topic really, but I'd reach for the Aile Mag surface popper first....

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 pm

100% agreement with Tanglerat. I've been plugging for a long number of years now and 95% of all the Bass I have caught in the past nine years have been on the Mag Popper.

There are more plugs and lures out there designed to catch Anglers rather than Bass. Plugs don't come cheap but you don't have to spend a fortune to get a good un.

This is where I get mine, and seems to be the cheapest around. Buy the 10 cm size, the larger 13cm size don't have half the action as the smaller one.

http://www.monstertackle.co.uk/fishingl ... -f659.html

Colours? doesn't seem to matter, althought on bright sunny days the Red head has caught well for me.
Good luck

Fri May 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I was fishing last last year in Kerry, between Brandon and Trallee, and the best lurres are those who swim just 30 cm under the top water.
Try all these japanese lure (Daiwa, imakatsu, yo-zuri...)
But it's only the advice from a French fishman.
I will come again this year, but near Schull, in jully: you have to many bass in Ireland, to catch and release!
Thank's
Eriden37, from Tours

Fri May 07, 2010 10:13 pm

to tell you the truth when they are there and feeding they will hit anything ,in the same 2 hour session i have had them on greenfish ,tobys,flying cs and plugs