Which swivel for plugs?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm

I know most people don't like using swivels when lure fishing, but I am lazy and like to be able to change lures quickly so i use a swivel at the end of my line to attach my lures. Which swivel would be best when plugging or are they all the same? any help will be much appreciated.

Anto.

Re: Which swivel for plugs?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 pm

was using JB clips last year used to get them off padge, not the cheapest clip in the world but they are quality , small and strong seen several other types of clip that some of the lads were using last year open when tested last year ( not what you want ) Mr fish in Jersey dose them google mr fish and hey presto or mabey Henry"s tackle dose them.....

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm

carpets wrote:was using JB clips last year used to get them off padge, not the cheapest clip in the world but they are quality , small and strong seen several other types of clip that some of the lads were using last year open when tested last year ( not what you want ) Mr fish in Jersey dose them google mr fish and hey presto or mabey Henry"s tackle dose them.....

Thanks will do

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 pm

http://www.mrfishjersey.com/checkout/cart/

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 pm

carpets wrote:was using JB clips last year used to get them off padge, not the cheapest clip in the world but they are quality , small and strong seen several other types of clip that some of the lads were using last year open when tested last year ( not what you want ) Mr fish in Jersey dose them google mr fish and hey presto or mabey Henry"s tackle dose them.....

Rang Henry's he has the Illex ones said they were very good.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:24 pm

nicefish wrote:

Rang Henry's he has the Illex ones said they were very good.

I am sure the illex will be more than sufficent they are also a quality product stick to the better end of things if you can possibly, cheaper in the long run and gives you more confidence in your fishing nothing worse that droping a good fish due to poor line, clips ect.. They dont come very often...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Grauvell titian ones are very good mate got them in bray and the DIAWA twistbuster ones are good to got them in Henrys

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Use the Ilex Hyper 8 snap myself size 3, never had a problem

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm

I used to use those JB clips. They are very good and very very strong.

Pat from Henrys recommended those Hyper 8 clips to me last year and Ive used nothing else since. Very good clip...no swivel but is there a need for one????

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Any quality link should be fine, Igenerally pop the swivel off ,not really needed as plugs don't twist the line.
I bought a pack of those twist busters for spinning,they nwere small and looked perfect but I just could not open them,
they were that good every time I put any pressure on the clip they swivelled!!!there in the bin now.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:02 am

I also use Illex Hyper 8.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 am

wouldnt use any other link if using one at all

http://www.probassfisher.com/2008/11/fi ... ce_23.html

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks to everyone for your help on this one, looks like its the Illex hyper 8 8)

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:41 pm

no need for a swivel if the current is strong,i'm a clip man myself.the small good strong fellas...your only man

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:56 pm

J&B brilliant but expensive....gone are the days of snapped swivels and bass swimming off with your 20 euro plug in its mouth :oops: ...hopefully