How do you fish plugs ?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi Guys

This year has seen my intro' to sea fishing having previously been uniquely a salmon/sea trout fly guy for many years. I am really enjoying my salt lure fishing and have tentatively done a few salt fly sessions. I have had some success using soft jellies', quite a lot in fact having stuffed the freezer with Pollack :shock:

I am just getting around to thinking about 'plugs' but have some fairly fundamental questions, like.... do you use a weight with a plug, if so how do you rig it ?

Any guidance and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Re: How do you fish plugs ?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Well done you for giving saltwater fishing a go, lure fishing is really addictive ,so be warned ! once you start you can't stop!!!
I saw a couple of lads had 10 fish between them including a 7lb+ bass within the last day or so (with pics to prove it).
In general I would suggest that maybe now is not really the time of year to start off.
Look up Dr Mike Ladles fishing Diary on the net, you'll learn more from him than any fishing mag, he is one dedicated lure angler.
Pete

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Cheers Pete

I wasn't really thinking about starting just yet but I want to be prepared :mrgreen:

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Keep on eye out here aswell http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/f ... y.php?f=86 ....tons of good info on a regular basis.