Putting the lures away.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi lads, just looking for a bit of help, can anyone tell me when we should be putting the lures away for the bass and change over to the bait fishing? Id imagine the water is getting pretty cold now. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Putting the lures away.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 pm

best month for lures is october.bass congregate in outer bays in very large numbers and if u come across them they are feeding harder than u could ever imagine.two good marks for dungarvan area october are old parrish and clonea/ballyvoile.all bays could be compared in this way .two marks i bet art.best day lure fishing i ever had was in the first week of november a few years back.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 am

I was getting bass on surface lures in wexford in mid-December last year. It got too cold for me before it got too cold for the fish :D

Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks for the fast replies lads, Il give it a go at the weekend and will let you's know how i get on,cheers

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Its only startin to get good now bigger fish starting to show @ the minute keep at it.....

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:26 pm

when it gets dark is a rule not written in stone

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 pm

poppers worked well today for a one hour session into dusk ,in west waterford, plenty of fish met
don t put the lures away ,go and buy more

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 pm

poppers worked well today for a one hour session into dusk ,in west waterford, plenty of fish met
don t put the lures away ,go and buy more

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 pm

great question ian .i was goin to stop after yet anoter blank evening .but after reading ur replies we may keep trashin the water in hope

Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:04 pm

thanks a mill for all the replies, Im heading out tomorrow as conditions seem pretty good so il hopefully get my first bass,thanks again, Ian